The A-2 Flight Jacket was made famous by U.S. Army airmen who wore them as a testament to their bravery, independence and skill. Service tested in 1930, the A-2 was adopted as the regulation Army Air Corps flying jacket on May 9, 1931. Its style continues to be a perfect example of form following function.
The A-2 jacket is available and true to the original design in russet or seal brown horsehide or medium brown goatskin.
True to the original Air Corp Spec:
One piece back, 2 piece sleeves. Talon nickel finish zipper with leather puller tabs, single entry pocket with luxurious curved shape flaps. Epaulets boxed stitched, 1 3/4" tapering down to 1 1/2". Hanger loop boxed stitch through and through. Stand up collar, snapped down collar tips. 8-10 stitches per inch, reinforced pockets corners and wind flap, provide solid construction that backed by life time warrantee.
Its lining of 100% cotton and 100% wool knit cuffs & waistband is also true to the original. Finish touch of A/N inspection stamp and Air Corp stamp on the lining.
If you like to create your personal specifications or modified colors, shape or components please visit the A-2 custom made jacket page.
Excellent quality of product and service Review by Steve Roth
Well, you delivered as promised! The lady's A-2 you cut fits perfectly in all respects. We are both very satisfied with the fit and quality of the jacket. I returned my 44L for a 44R and now the fit is perfect also. Thanks so much for the quality of the product and the excellent quality of your service and personal attention. I will recommend you as the place for A-2's. (Posted on 7/21/10)
Most pleasant online shopping experience Review by Emil A. Inglesias
Initially, I was very apprehensive about buying my A-2 Russet Horsehide online, but 1 phone call later after speaking to the U S AUTHENTIC, I was very pleased with the personal assistance and the attention to detail and authenticity. Overall, the most pleasant online shopping experience I have had to date. I love the jacket and look forward to enjoying it's beauty and craftsmanship for years to come. (Posted on 7/21/10)
I am very happy Review by Jim "Doc" Docherty
ORDERED MY A-2 JACKET ON TUES. AND RECEIVED IT ON THURS. YOU WERE RIGHT ON THE SIZE! I AM VERY HAPPY WITH IT, IT REPLACED ONE THAT I LOST FROM MY KOREAN WAR DAY'S AND WAS VERY GLAD TO REPLACE IT, THANK YOU AGAIN FOR YOUR TIME AND PATIENCE WITH ME.
JIM "DOC" DOCHERTY FORMER USS PHILIPPINE CV-47 CREW MEMBER, THE GALLOPING GHOST OF THE KOREAN COAST (Posted on 7/21/10)
Absolutely perfect Review by Matthew P. Zahradka
I wanted to let you know that I received my A2 jacket this afternoon. Thank you for a well made garment. I have a limited edition Cooper A2 (russet) that was made for the 8th Air Force museum, and yours is better in my opinion due to the snap closures as well as the weight of the hide. The fit on the jacket is perfect! Thanks again. (Posted on 7/21/10)
Great service and superb quality Review by Richard Watson
I ordered an A-2 jacket in seal brown horsehide on Monday and had it in hand on Wednesday. It is a wonderful jacket in both looks and quality and I couldn't be happier with it. It fits just right and the patches I had you put on really add a note of authenticity. My brother spent 33 years in service starting out in the Army Air Corps and then the Air Force and the patches I decided on were some that he
might have chosen. Thanks for the great service and superb quality. (Posted on 7/21/10)
The closest you can get to an original jacket Review by T. McNamara
I have studied and collected USAAF flying gear for many years, I own B15s,A-2s,B10s, caps, shirts and boots. I own as many historical publications on the subject as are available and have even been consulted by museums to grade their collections. The A-2 I received from U S Authentic is, quite simply, the closest most people will ever get to an original jacket. The quality and matching of the hides
is exceptional, and the overall feel and appearance of the A-2 is pure nostalgia.
This is one fine garment, thanks. (Posted on 7/21/10)
True to original, from a student of history Review by Dan Bradley
I just wanted to drop a quick note regarding my recent experience with purchasing an A-2 jacket from US Authentic. I have always been a student of history and attend my share of events (from Civil War to WWII). I started to research A-2 jackets to find a quality and true to original copy. After corresponding and reviewing multiple sources I found US Authentic on the internet. I called their offices and spoke with Dover, owner and expert consultant. Dover invited me to his offices to see his products and facilities. I tried on several jackets and decided to go with the russet A-2. Dover made me a jacket (shortened the sleeves to perfection) about which I have received many compliments and questions in the short time that I have owned it. I look forward a long relationship with this authentic jacket. Thanks again for your help and quality product. (Posted on 7/21/10)
Exactly what I was looking for Review by Jon Sheriff
I received my russet horsehide A-2 jacket today and I must say that I am very impressed! The weight of the hide is impressive, the stitches run straight and at even distance from the seams, all in all an excellent product. I was skeptical about buying a new A-2; I had previously had one made by A***** and C*****, but they just didn't cut it when it came to quality. I'm certainly glad that I took a chance with US Authentic because the garment I have now is exactly what I was looking for.
Keep up the great work. (Posted on 7/21/10)
Name tag Review by Jeffrey Hunt
In a research for the placement of the name tag I found that its 7 1/2" above the pocket and 1 1/2" from the Zipper top stitch. (Posted on 7/21/10)
True to the original Review by Glen Nakata
I received my Russet Horsehide A-2 jacket last week and I have to tell you I am very pleased with it. The quality is first rate and the look is true to the original. I just have 2 comments:
1) The epaulets are a bit wide versus original A-2's. The original A-2's I have seen have epaulets that are 1 1/2 inches wide. The ones on my jacket are 2 inches wide. (please note that current epaulets size is 1 7/8" wide at the sleeve side tapering down to 1 5/8" at the neck side.. us authentic)
2) The AN stamp inside the jacket is in red ink. Original A-2's had the AN stamp done in black ink. Also the "A" and "N" should be part of the circle, not enclosed in it. If you'd like, I'd be more than happy to fax you a picture of an original stamp for your files. These are very minor issues with what I would call a first class reproduction of the A-2. I've already convinced a few of my friends to order jackets from you. Your company offers an amazing jacket for the price. I will doing everything I can to let people know about your company and its products.
Thanks!!!!Glen Nakata (Posted on 7/21/10)
- Seal Horsehide A-2 Review by John
- I purchased this jacket from its original owner, who apparently bought it and never wore it! The jacket came to me as if it had never even been tried on - the horsehide completely fresh and needing to be broken in. I haven't taken it off! What an amazing jacket. I had been researching the different reproductions extensively and decided I would go after one of these based on all of the great reviews. I made the right choice. Everything is perfect. The cotton thread, cotton liner, wool knits, great great great fit!! Can't say that enough. Awesome hardware too. I suspect I will be wearing this jacket for the rest of my life. Just emailed Shaul to order an A-1!! (Posted on 11/9/14)
- Exactly what I wanted Review by James
- Highly recommend U.S. Authentic. You'll read how Shaul is extremely responsive to messages and helpful with sizing and other recommendations in other reviews. That was true for me as well, but in addition to that I now have a custom flight jacket that was created exactly how I requested, and straight out of the box it is clear that this jacket is very well-made and will last a long, long time. Thanks again to Shaul and his excellent staff for a well-made, good looking, custom-made A2 that didn't cost a $1000. (Posted on 11/6/14)
- Perfect Fit! Review by Digger
- I just received your A-2 goatskin medium brown jacket and couldn't be happier. There was no guess work in sizing. I ordered my 46R suit size and the fit is spot on. Earlier I had ordered and returned an A-2 from a competitor. Using their size conversion chart I had opted for an XL (46 to48). The shoulders were too large and the torso and sleeves way too long. Thanks! (Posted on 10/25/14)