The A-2 Flight Jacket was made famous by U.S. Army airmen who wore them as a testament to their bravery, independence and skill. Service tested in 1930, the A-2 was adopted as the regulation Army Air Corps flying jacket on May 9, 1931. Its style continues to be a perfect example of form following function.
The A-2 jacket is available and true to the original design in russet or seal brown horsehide or medium brown goatskin.
True to the original Air Corp Spec:
One piece back, 2 piece sleeves. Talon nickel finish zipper with leather puller tabs, single entry pocket with luxurious curved shape flaps. Epaulets boxed stitched, 1 3/4" tapering down to 1 1/2". Hanger loop boxed stitch through and through. Stand up collar, snapped down collar tips. 8-10 stitches per inch, reinforced pockets corners and wind flap, provide solid construction that backed by life time warrantee.
Its lining of 100% cotton and 100% wool knit cuffs & waistband is also true to the original. Finish touch of A/N inspection stamp and Air Corp stamp on the lining.
If you like to create your personal specifications or modified colors, shape or components please visit the A-2 custom made jacket page.
Couldn't be happier Review by Craig Schofield
Just received my A2.Couldn't be happier.Ordered on Monday ,received on Friday.I live in Australia.Top product,top service. (Posted on 7/5/10)
- Very nice jacket. Review by Jan
I just received an A2 seal brown horsehide jacket and I must say that I like it a lot.
My e-mails were answered promptly and delivery to the Netherlands after ordering was very quick.
I would not hesitate to make further business with flightjacket.com.
(Posted on 8/19/14)
- FANTASTIC A-2!!! Review by Jason
- A big thank you to Shaul and all at USAuthentic for a strong, beautifully crafted shell, haven't taken it off yet and it's only getting better and better. Ear to ear grin, thanks very much! (Posted on 6/8/14)
- FANTASTIC!!! Review by Jason J. Warburton
- Just received my russet horsehide A-2 and I'm thrilled! Wonderful craftsmanship and attention to detail, this will be keeping me company for a long time to come :) (Posted on 6/5/14)