The A-2 Flight Jacket was made famous by U.S. Army airmen who wore them as a testament to their bravery, independence and skill. Service tested in 1930, the A-2 was adopted as the regulation Army Air Corps flying jacket on May 9, 1931. Its style continues to be a perfect example of form following function.
The A-2 jacket is available and true to the original design in russet or seal brown horsehide or medium brown goatskin.
True to the original Air Corp Spec:
One piece back, 2 piece sleeves. Talon nickel finish zipper with leather puller tabs, single entry pocket with luxurious curved shape flaps. Epaulets boxed stitched, 1 3/4" tapering down to 1 1/2". Hanger loop boxed stitch through and through. Stand up collar, snapped down collar tips. 8-10 stitches per inch, reinforced pockets corners and wind flap, provide solid construction that backed by life time warrantee.
Its lining of 100% cotton and 100% wool knit cuffs & waistband is also true to the original. Finish touch of A/N inspection stamp and Air Corp stamp on the lining.
If you like to create your personal specifications or modified colors, shape or components please visit the A-2 custom made jacket page.
Horse hide seal brown A2 Review by Theo
The jacket is extremely good quality the fit is perfect I am very happy with the jacket . I will certainly be shopping he again . I found the product and company service first class .I highly recommend this company . I placed the order on13/8/13 it arrived her in austrlia on the 19/813. (Posted on 8/19/13)
newly flightjacket addict Review by Aleksander
Ordered my first A2 jacket thru this site. Very fast delivery even if I live in Norway, I would prefer the jacket to be a little more fit around the waist and maybe the arms. But I guess next time I want a more fit jacket, I just get the custom made alternative. Anyways I look awesome in it so no big of a problem. I'm gonna use it in the beginning and the end of winter, so a bit room for thick clothes under the jacket is perfect. Next order in the future is probably gonna be for a sheepskin jacket to keep away those damn cold norwegian winters (Posted on 8/13/13)
blonde bombshell jacket A-2 Review by Andre miller
The support team for this website is amazing.
They responded to my emails very fast and even on a weekend.
Shipping tracking number was right on!!
Oh and the jacket was out of this world amazing.
Highly recommend this company:)
(Posted on 5/30/13)
Best jacket so far. Review by Russell
First of all, the company is fantastic. I made the order on a Monday and it was at my house on Wednesday. Shipping is very fast and so are e-mails. Secondly, the jacket itself is amazing! I've owned two A2's before this one and they didn't fit, or feel quite right. They were both too big, and the leather was fairly unsatisfactory. I ordered the A2, in horsehide russet, in my sport coat size. When I pulled it out of the box, the smell filled the room and I could immediately tell the leather was of good quality, because it was extremely stiff. I've worn it few times at the airport and when I ride my motorcycle. It fits me very well, and is now starting to break in. Overall I would definitely recommend buying from this company, as well as spending the extra money for the horsehide russet. A fantastic company with a fantastic product. I will definitely buy from here again. (Posted on 5/20/13)
A2 Horsehide Seal Brown Review by xray63
Very beautiful jacket, size fits perfectly.
I have ordered the jacket 3 march end received it in italy 11 march, very good service.
This Company is by far the best internet Company that I have dealt with.
(Posted on 3/11/13)
Medium Brown Goatskin Review by CW3PA
This jacket is excellent. Two emails & timely responses were all it took to get the correct size. I looked at other sites, but couldn't see any reason to go with them considering the product offered and the steep prices. The fit and workmanship are superb. There have been many complements, and I've recommend your products to any that are interested purchasing a flight jacket. Your web site is easy to navigate & informative. Shipping was fast & the UPS tracking was right on. (Posted on 2/19/13)
Quality,Value ,U.S.Made Review by T.M.
I purchased the goatskin A-2,and am happy to report that we still make quality in the good ol' U.S.A.! Jacket is top quality build,an accurate overall reproduction of a garment that had MANY different contractors in the day,and a great value compared to the top U,K, manufacturers.They also replaced the cuffs on my horsehide A-2 from a different shop. Class operation,super fast shipping,I'm happy to support this bunch with my purchase! (Posted on 2/16/13)
Horsehide A2 jackets Review by Steve
I recently purchased a horsehide A2 and the jacket was so spectacular that I purchased the seal brown version also. Shaul is very responsive to questions over e-mail. I ordered my first jacket on a Tuesday and I had it my hands the next day being on the east coast.
The jackets are sized per the original military specifications, so your normal sport coat size will fit perfectly. I had both jackets made with a combination cotton in the jacket body with smooth red rayon in the jacket sleeves the make it a bit easier to slide in and out of per my 42R build. The jackets are extremely well made and I couldn't find any part of the jacket where I felt there could be an improvement. Both the russet and the seal brown colors are right on the money and are historically correct.
I am a helicopter pilot who belongs to multiple aviation groups. These jackets are turning heads with great interest among the other pilots.
US Authentic is definitely the place to go for military leather. I plan on additional purchases from them. I promise that the A2 will become part of who you are! The look is timeless! (Posted on 12/31/12)
great jacket Review by walt
Started to buy from gibson and barnes, but now I'm glad I chose you. Good leather, and russet color. I was glad to see the weight of the jacket. This is my second purchase from you. I've got the goatskin in a size 44 reg. This one I got in a 42 reg and fits me a lot better. Three day shipping was great. (Posted on 12/13/12)
horsehide A-2 russet brown Review by walt
Just received today. Better than expected. The weight of the jacket is a heavy horsehide, and the color was just like the picture. I started to go with Gibson and Barnes, but after reading all the great reviews about this jacket, I thought I would give it a try. The 42 reg. fits me fine at 5 ft. 10 in. and 160 lbs. A little roomy but very comfortable. Shipping was extremely fast. (Posted on 12/11/12)
- Fantastic Goatskin A2 Review by David
- I wish to thank you for the fantastic Goatskin A2 jacket you made for me. This jacket is by far the nicest I own. The details are precise, and the fit is just fantastic. This jacket is very comfortable, and has an athletic fit which is just what I was expecting. Many people on various flight jacket forums such as The Fedora Lounge has given glowing testimonies about the great product you make. They were right on the money. Again, thank you very much for producing a 1st rate A2 jacket that the average person can afford right here in the good old U.S.A. I can not imagine any way to improve your product. It is just perfect. In closing I would like to say once again, Thank You. (Posted on 11/11/13)
- Magnificent Historical Likeness Review by Bill P
- What can I say? A high end true to history perfectly sized work of art. I finalized my order on Monday and received my custom jacket seven (7) days later. My A-2 is replete with sewn on leather squadron and 8th Air Force patches, and name tag. Nickel finish Talon zipper and thick horsehide. Good old Shauli has rally worked hard to create a first class operation with one stop shopping for all your needs and to meet every budget. (Posted on 11/5/13)
- Perfect Custom A-2 Review by Bill
- I've been looking for an A-2 for a while and researching it meticulously. I was originally looking at Gibson and Barnes, however their website had "issues" and they were none too helpful on the phone. At 5'4" and 170 lbs I have a hard to fit build and I am very picky. Shaul was patient with my many questions re: fit, leather, lining etc. I ordered the A-2 in horsehide with a number of custom options. It arrived only days after I placed the order. It fits perfect, is of the best quality and is more than I expected. I highly recommend US Authentics. (Posted on 10/7/13)