The A-2 Flight Jacket was made famous by U.S. Army airmen who wore them as a testament to their bravery, independence and skill. Service tested in 1930, the A-2 was adopted as the regulation Army Air Corps flying jacket on May 9, 1931. Its style continues to be a perfect example of form following function.
The A-2 jacket is available and true to the original design in russet or seal brown horsehide or medium brown goatskin.
True to the original Air Corp Spec:
One piece back, 2 piece sleeves. Talon nickel finish zipper with leather puller tabs, single entry pocket with luxurious curved shape flaps. Epaulets boxed stitched, 1 3/4" tapering down to 1 1/2". Hanger loop boxed stitch through and through. Stand up collar, snapped down collar tips. 8-10 stitches per inch, reinforced pockets corners and wind flap, provide solid construction that backed by life time warrantee.
Its lining of 100% cotton and 100% wool knit cuffs & waistband is also true to the original. Finish touch of A/N inspection stamp and Air Corp stamp on the lining.
If you like to create your personal specifications or modified colors, shape or components please visit the A-2 custom made jacket page.
Perfect Review by Ying
The jacket is great. The patches were perfect sewn on the jacket. Everything is great. I really love it. (Posted on 4/9/14)
Outstanding quality Review by Pablo Spirit
I've own several A2 and in my opinion U.S. authentic is the best A2 jacket money can buy! the quality of he horsehide and the material is topnotch . It's my instant favorite and I would say it's the same par with Lost World jacket that cost twice as much. I highly recommend this jacket and I guarantee you will wear it with pride and it's made in U.S.A.!!!! (Posted on 3/5/14)
US Authentic makes beautiful and accurate jackets Review by Nick
Join Date:Dec 2010
I have a G-1 and a russet A-2 that are beautiful and I just received an A-2 vest in Goat-seal brown-an A-2 without sleeves or collar and no waistband to wear under an A-2 or whatever-It is absolutely pristine.i am so happy with it-I have know Shaul for more than 10 years and his jackets, nose art and jacket repairs are second to none-realistic and you get value and authenticity-there are many companies out there that are more expensive and you dont get the detail that you get from US Authentic-They have evolved into one of the best jacket companies in the business-I have 16 jackets from all the current manufacturers and US Authentic's are some of the nicest.-Nick (Posted on 3/2/14)
As advertised Review by Glenn O
This is a great A-2 goatskin jacket. The fit is just perfect, I'm 5'7'' tall weigh 158 and the medium jacket was perfect. The workmen ship on the jacket was first rate when compared to many other A-2 jackets have checked over the years. Plus the service was really good. You have a great product, very fair price for the quality and the service is very fast. I salute you. (Posted on 2/24/14)
As advertised Review by Glenn O
I have been wesring the A-2 jacket for the past two weeks, and have found it to be really comfortable. Of coarse the fit was great. THE WORKMEN SHIP (Posted on 2/24/14)
A true treasure! Review by Keith
In November 2013 I purchase a customized horsehide Seal Brown A-2 jacket from Flight Jacket.com. Customized features included G-1 under arm gussets for increased mobility, as well as inside wallet/ cell phone pockets.
I owned a Cooper A-2 about 14 years ago, but sold it to a surplus store when my Airline issued uniform leather jackets to their pilots.
I always loved the military and historic look of the A-2, as well as it's functionality, and decided it was time to put one back on the rack.
I thoroughly researched about a dozen manufactures because I saw the new jacket as a long term investment. I easily decided that Flight Jacket.com was the best in the business. This was based on ease of navigating their informative website, the overall look of their jackets, as well as customer reviews.
I spoke to Shaul numerous times on the phone when discussing the customizing features, and always found the customer support outstanding. The work was completed lightning fast, and shipping was expeditious.
When the jacket arrived in the mail, I wasn't disappointment. It was absolutely beautiful, and exceeded my expectations in terms of workmanship and quality. Now it's time to think about a G-1! (Posted on 1/7/14)
Praise from the true home of the Mighty Eighth ! Review by Tony A
I am privileged to live in East Anglia, UK just a short haul from Molesworth AFB - WW2 USAAF Station 107. I have a seal brown A2 jacket in horsehide which I wear as tribute to the guys who served here 1942-45. The quality of this jacket is outstanding and the attention to detail is extreme. I can highly praise the dedication of the team at US Authentics for a great jacket. (Posted on 12/20/13)
Fantastic Goatskin A2 Review by David
I wish to thank you for the fantastic Goatskin A2 jacket you made for me. This jacket is by far the nicest I own. The details are precise, and the fit is just fantastic. This jacket is very comfortable, and has an athletic fit which is just what I was expecting. Many people on various flight jacket forums such as The Fedora Lounge has given glowing testimonies about the great product you make. They were right on the money. Again, thank you very much for producing a 1st rate A2 jacket that the average person can afford right here in the good old U.S.A. I can not imagine any way to improve your product. It is just perfect. In closing I would like to say once again, Thank You. (Posted on 11/11/13)
Magnificent Historical Likeness Review by Bill P
What can I say? A high end true to history perfectly sized work of art. I finalized my order on Monday and received my custom jacket seven (7) days later. My A-2 is replete with sewn on leather squadron and 8th Air Force patches, and name tag. Nickel finish Talon zipper and thick horsehide. Good old Shauli has rally worked hard to create a first class operation with one stop shopping for all your needs and to meet every budget. (Posted on 11/5/13)
Perfect Custom A-2 Review by Bill
I've been looking for an A-2 for a while and researching it meticulously. I was originally looking at Gibson and Barnes, however their website had "issues" and they were none too helpful on the phone. At 5'4" and 170 lbs I have a hard to fit build and I am very picky. Shaul was patient with my many questions re: fit, leather, lining etc. I ordered the A-2 in horsehide with a number of custom options. It arrived only days after I placed the order. It fits perfect, is of the best quality and is more than I expected. I highly recommend US Authentics. (Posted on 10/7/13)
- Seal Horsehide A-2 Review by John
- I purchased this jacket from its original owner, who apparently bought it and never wore it! The jacket came to me as if it had never even been tried on - the horsehide completely fresh and needing to be broken in. I haven't taken it off! What an amazing jacket. I had been researching the different reproductions extensively and decided I would go after one of these based on all of the great reviews. I made the right choice. Everything is perfect. The cotton thread, cotton liner, wool knits, great great great fit!! Can't say that enough. Awesome hardware too. I suspect I will be wearing this jacket for the rest of my life. Just emailed Shaul to order an A-1!! (Posted on 11/9/14)
- Exactly what I wanted Review by James
- Highly recommend U.S. Authentic. You'll read how Shaul is extremely responsive to messages and helpful with sizing and other recommendations in other reviews. That was true for me as well, but in addition to that I now have a custom flight jacket that was created exactly how I requested, and straight out of the box it is clear that this jacket is very well-made and will last a long, long time. Thanks again to Shaul and his excellent staff for a well-made, good looking, custom-made A2 that didn't cost a $1000. (Posted on 11/6/14)
- Perfect Fit! Review by Digger
- I just received your A-2 goatskin medium brown jacket and couldn't be happier. There was no guess work in sizing. I ordered my 46R suit size and the fit is spot on. Earlier I had ordered and returned an A-2 from a competitor. Using their size conversion chart I had opted for an XL (46 to48). The shoulders were too large and the torso and sleeves way too long. Thanks! (Posted on 10/25/14)