The A-2 Flight Jacket was made famous by U.S. Army airmen who wore them as a testament to their bravery, independence and skill. Service tested in 1930, the A-2 was adopted as the regulation Army Air Corps flying jacket on May 9, 1931. Its style continues to be a perfect example of form following function.
The A-2 jacket is available and true to the original design in russet or seal brown horsehide or medium brown goatskin.
True to the original Air Corp Spec:
One piece back, 2 piece sleeves. Talon nickel finish zipper with leather puller tabs, single entry pocket with luxurious curved shape flaps. Epaulets boxed stitched, 1 3/4" tapering down to 1 1/2". Hanger loop boxed stitch through and through. Stand up collar, snapped down collar tips. 8-10 stitches per inch, reinforced pockets corners and wind flap, provide solid construction that backed by life time warrantee.
Its lining of 100% cotton and 100% wool knit cuffs & waistband is also true to the original. Finish touch of A/N inspection stamp and Air Corp stamp on the lining.
If you like to create your personal specifications or modified colors, shape or components please visit the A-2 custom made jacket page.
Seal Horsehide A-2 Review by John
I purchased this jacket from its original owner, who apparently bought it and never wore it! The jacket came to me as if it had never even been tried on - the horsehide completely fresh and needing to be broken in. I haven't taken it off! What an amazing jacket. I had been researching the different reproductions extensively and decided I would go after one of these based on all of the great reviews. I made the right choice. Everything is perfect. The cotton thread, cotton liner, wool knits, great great great fit!! Can't say that enough. Awesome hardware too. I suspect I will be wearing this jacket for the rest of my life. Just emailed Shaul to order an A-1!! (Posted on 11/9/2014)
Exactly what I wanted Review by James
Highly recommend U.S. Authentic. You'll read how Shaul is extremely responsive to messages and helpful with sizing and other recommendations in other reviews. That was true for me as well, but in addition to that I now have a custom flight jacket that was created exactly how I requested, and straight out of the box it is clear that this jacket is very well-made and will last a long, long time. Thanks again to Shaul and his excellent staff for a well-made, good looking, custom-made A2 that didn't cost a $1000. (Posted on 11/6/2014)
Perfect Fit! Review by Digger
I just received your A-2 goatskin medium brown jacket and couldn't be happier. There was no guess work in sizing. I ordered my 46R suit size and the fit is spot on. Earlier I had ordered and returned an A-2 from a competitor. Using their size conversion chart I had opted for an XL (46 to48). The shoulders were too large and the torso and sleeves way too long. Thanks! (Posted on 10/25/2014)
Beautiful Jacket! Review by Joe
I had ordered a russett horsehide A2 jacket size 44R and it arrived in 4 days. The quality of the jacket is obvious--very well built! This is definitely not a "mall jacket". Unfortunately i had to return it for a refund as i ordered a size to small and am now waiting to lose more weight before ordering the proper size. ---Joe (Posted on 9/19/2014)
Very nice jacket. Review by Jan
I just received an A2 seal brown horsehide jacket and I must say that I like it a lot.
My e-mails were answered promptly and delivery to the Netherlands after ordering was very quick.
I would not hesitate to make further business with flightjacket.com.
(Posted on 8/19/2014)
FANTASTIC A-2!!! Review by Jason
A big thank you to Shaul and all at USAuthentic for a strong, beautifully crafted shell, haven't taken it off yet and it's only getting better and better. Ear to ear grin, thanks very much! (Posted on 6/8/2014)
FANTASTIC!!! Review by Jason J. Warburton
Just received my russet horsehide A-2 and I'm thrilled! Wonderful craftsmanship and attention to detail, this will be keeping me company for a long time to come :) (Posted on 6/5/2014)
Finest jacket for it´s price Review by ViperARG
From Argentina through a friend on FL, Miami he brought to me this jacket I ordered him. I was worry about the size but Im 5.7" and in shape, It came out perfectly, the quality is just awesome and it makes you look badass. 100% trusted company. Good job and many thanks from Buenos Aires (Posted on 5/28/2014)
Horsehide A-2 - Best I've had! Review by Scott
Like others on the blog, I've had my share of different flying jackets from different manufacturers and I can tell you that this new jacket is going to be a favorite. It is already much more wearable than those I purchased (and later sold) from another company that charges twice the price. The leather is still thick as I remember from those other jackets but does not have consistency of cardboard. I believe it'll break in much faster and last much longer than it needs to! Looking forward to the Fall ;-) (Posted on 5/27/2014)
Great jacket! Review by Ying
It is a great jacket. And the patches sewn on the jacket are very nice. I really love this jacket. And very good customer service. I will back to order something else again. Thank you very much. (Posted on 4/11/2014)
- Vintage Goatskin A2 Review by Eric
- I was lucky enough to obtain a vintage goatskin A2 jacket in the sale section of the website. Thanks to Shaul's advice, I can say that the fit is perfect. The vintage goatskin is extremely supple and drapes beautifully right out of the box. The color and texture of the leather is awesome and the stitching is spot on. The delivery time was exceptionally fast and the customer support was great. This jacket compares very favorably with other more expensive A2 jackets that I have owned. In summary,I am very happy with the quality and customer service. Thanks Shaul!! (Posted on 8/7/2015)
- Vintage A2 Goatskin Worth The Wait Review by Missileman
I recently purchased the A2 in Vintage Goatskin after trying the A2 in horsehide and sending it back. The goat was everything I was looking for - particularly the "vintage" color. The thing to remember with the reproduction A2's is that the cut is different than a modern issue A2, or CWU-36/p. My other A2 is a recent USAF issue in 46R as is my CWU.The WW2 A2 is a 48 to get approximately the same fit.
The quick order fulfillment is also a huge plus. I ordered it on Thursday afternoon and had it on Friday (to Connecticut).
I looked at all the repro A2's out there - even had a spreadsheet to compare and contrast - Goodwear, Lost Worlds, G&B, Eastman, etc. and selected US A for the value.
From my perspective as a former USAF Captain (Combat Crew Commander) we wore what we were issued. Some guys had new stuff, some not so new. The truth is that even issue grade jackets were different - even from the same manufacturer. So all the A2 jacketeers who count stiches/inch, size of the grommets, and other goofy stuff would do well to take a breath - I'd have no problem recommending a US A A2.
(Posted on 8/2/2015)
- Best of the Best Review by Randy Jones
- I've been a U.S. Authentic customer since their beginning, around 1998. It started because my uncle was a WWII AAF and later USAF B-24 and C-130 navigator. My sons are USAF & Army flyers. I've collected flight jackets from all makers, since I was 12. Some were well made; some cheap, expensive, or fairly priced, I didn't care. They were leather, cotton, nylon or Nomex. Again, I didn't care. I've love(ed) them all. My mother tossed 'em when I moved out; my wife said they cluttered the house & my sons stole them to give to their girlfriends. I love U.S. Authentic the most. Why? It is the best - has the most variation of types and kinds (A-2; B-3: etc), & will modify any & all for you: they make special orders, do anything you ask...not for the money but for your satisfaction. Their attention to detail & 'period' accuracy is truly "Authentic." They are the last of a dying breed, where the customer really does come first, no questions asked. I will be buried (but not too soon I hope) in a U.S. Authentic A-2!. Save yourself time, $$$ & headaches. Don't shop around, just shop at U.S. Authentic. You will always be completely satisfied. Paul R. Jones (Posted on 6/22/2015)