The A-2 Flight Jacket was made famous by U.S. Army airmen who wore them as a testament to their bravery, independence and skill. Service tested in 1930, the A-2 was adopted as the regulation Army Air Corps flying jacket on May 9, 1931. Its style continues to be a perfect example of form following function.
The A-2 jacket is available and true to the original design in russet or seal brown horsehide or medium brown goatskin.
True to the original Air Corp Spec:
One piece back, 2 piece sleeves. Talon nickel finish zipper with leather puller tabs, single entry pocket with luxurious curved shape flaps. Epaulets boxed stitched, 1 3/4" tapering down to 1 1/2". Hanger loop boxed stitch through and through. Stand up collar, snapped down collar tips. 8-10 stitches per inch, reinforced pockets corners and wind flap, provide solid construction that backed by life time warrantee.
Its lining of 100% cotton and 100% wool knit cuffs & waistband is also true to the original. Finish touch of A/N inspection stamp and Air Corp stamp on the lining.
If you like to create your personal specifications or modified colors, shape or components please visit the A-2 custom made jacket page.
Very sturdy horsehide jacket Review by ijp
My russet brown horsehide is great. Very sturdy hide. I bought it primarily because I wanted a super tough leather jacket. After a week of constant wear it 's already starting to show the characteristic wavy pattern of creasing that horsehide (and shell cordovan shoes) display. Very pleased. The only thing that surprised me a bit was the flat almost sprayed/painted looking brown matte type finish on the jacket. Overall I was very pleased and bought a second one in seal brown! I don't think you will get better value for a horsehide jacket. (Posted on 11/19/12)
Beautiful Jacket Review by thevans59
I ordered a custom A-2 jacket on Saturday and I think it was shipped on monday, received it on Wednesday. Pictures on the website do no do justice to the jacket. It's absolutely gorgeous. I've already had numerous positive comments about it from total strangers. I had the sleeves shortened based on the the measurements page. Also, I exchanged some emails with Shaul, which he answered almost immediately. Bottom line is the jacket fits perfectly. I had my name put on the lining - nice touche. Overall, I am very pleased with purchase, as well as the customer service I received. Considering ordering a B-6. Thanks Shaul. (Posted on 11/19/12)
Ready Review by Grizzly P.
I ordered the seal brown horsehide. This jacket is straight up street armor. I would recommend it to anyone. (Posted on 11/13/12)
PERFECT Review by donniedee
ordered my horse hide a2 when it arrived she fit like a glove and was worth every penny spent, there not cheap but if you want a jacket to pass down and last a life time GET IT... youll be happy (Posted on 11/11/12)
Goatskin A2 jacket Review by G. J. Texan
I received my goatskin A2 one day before scheduled delivery date by UPS. Shipping from U.S. to Italy only took seven days. The jacket fits correctly and the goatskin brown is just the way I expected. I know that I will appreciate more my A2 as I break in the leather. In other words, I am fully satisfied.
Dear Shaul Dover I thank you for promptly updating me with e-mails about order confirmation and shipping informations
(Posted on 10/8/12)
Awesome A-2! Review by Zach
I received my russet horsehide jacket the other day, and it far exceeded my expectations! I decided to order from US Authentic after looking at a few different companies due to Shaul's great reviews and communication (prompt response to my size inquiry). I received my jacket only a week after I placed my order, and that included the custom lining. The craftsmanship is exquisite, and the fit is just as great. The horsehide is very thick, but it moves and breaths very well. I also added an AAF silk scarf to complete the look, and it is a very nice piece as well. I can't wait to get my jacket it broken in, I'm looking for excuses to get out of the house just so I can wear it! (Posted on 9/30/12)
Very accurate A-2 Review by C.K.
I am very pleased with my jacket. I bought a Russet horsehide A-2 from U.S. Authentic two winters ago. I was luke warm to the generic non-original manufacturer look so I bought an Aero of Scotland A-2, which was very highly rated on several consumer review sites. Comparing them side by side, the U.S. is a much better jacket. The aero feels flimsy and it's too dark brown, in fact it looks black indoors under atrifical light. The Aero compared to an original issue Aero 42-15142-P (which I own one of) has many inaccuracies, so many in fact I feel their advertisment of "stitch-for-stitch" reproduction is false advertising. The original maker U.S. comes closest to copying is Perry Sportswear 42-16175-P. If a few small changes were made to the stitching in a few areas and a Perry Sportswear label added, I think U.S. could rival Eastman and Good wear leather in the original maker reproduction A-2 market. I will be sending my Aero back and keeping my U.S. Authentic. (Posted on 9/8/12)
My 2nd A2 from flight jacket Review by Alex C
Received my 2nd A2 in seal brown 2 days earlier that expected! Excellent workmanship. I bought my 1st A2 from flight jacket about 4 years ago in russet brown and decided to add the seal brown to my collection. It will take awhile to break in the leather, but i'm loving it going through the whole process again. Thanks shaul Dover! (Posted on 8/11/12)
Superb Jacket! Review by Mike P.
I can't say enough about the seal brown horsehide A-2 that I just received from your company. Absolutely stunning, at a fantastic price. At least 1/4 less the price than the other "big name" mfgs. The attention paid to detail and original specs. is as good as I've seen. Very, very close to an original WW11 that I owned. Keep up the good work! ( p.s. you are a big name in my book!) (Posted on 3/23/12)
Superb Product! Review by Mike P.
I really can't say enough about this seal brown horsehide A-2 that I just received from your company. Absolutely stunning! The attention paid to the original specs. is very, very close to an original WW11 that I owned. Excellent workmanship and detail at about two thirds the cost of some of the other "big name" makers I researched. Keep up the good work! I will be purchasing another jacket from you. Thank you so much. (p.s. you are a big name in my book!) (Posted on 3/23/12)
- Seal Horsehide A-2 Review by John
- I purchased this jacket from its original owner, who apparently bought it and never wore it! The jacket came to me as if it had never even been tried on - the horsehide completely fresh and needing to be broken in. I haven't taken it off! What an amazing jacket. I had been researching the different reproductions extensively and decided I would go after one of these based on all of the great reviews. I made the right choice. Everything is perfect. The cotton thread, cotton liner, wool knits, great great great fit!! Can't say that enough. Awesome hardware too. I suspect I will be wearing this jacket for the rest of my life. Just emailed Shaul to order an A-1!! (Posted on 11/9/14)
- Exactly what I wanted Review by James
- Highly recommend U.S. Authentic. You'll read how Shaul is extremely responsive to messages and helpful with sizing and other recommendations in other reviews. That was true for me as well, but in addition to that I now have a custom flight jacket that was created exactly how I requested, and straight out of the box it is clear that this jacket is very well-made and will last a long, long time. Thanks again to Shaul and his excellent staff for a well-made, good looking, custom-made A2 that didn't cost a $1000. (Posted on 11/6/14)
- Perfect Fit! Review by Digger
- I just received your A-2 goatskin medium brown jacket and couldn't be happier. There was no guess work in sizing. I ordered my 46R suit size and the fit is spot on. Earlier I had ordered and returned an A-2 from a competitor. Using their size conversion chart I had opted for an XL (46 to48). The shoulders were too large and the torso and sleeves way too long. Thanks! (Posted on 10/25/14)