The A-2 Flight Jacket was made famous by U.S. Army airmen who wore them as a testament to their bravery, independence and skill. Service tested in 1930, the A-2 was adopted as the regulation Army Air Corps flying jacket on May 9, 1931. Its style continues to be a perfect example of form following function.
The A-2 jacket is available and true to the original design in russet or seal brown horsehide or medium brown goatskin.
True to the original Air Corp Spec:
One piece back, 2 piece sleeves. Talon nickel finish zipper with leather puller tabs, single entry pocket with luxurious curved shape flaps. Epaulets boxed stitched, 1 3/4" tapering down to 1 1/2". Hanger loop boxed stitch through and through. Stand up collar, snapped down collar tips. 8-10 stitches per inch, reinforced pockets corners and wind flap, provide solid construction that backed by life time warrantee.
Its lining of 100% cotton and 100% wool knit cuffs & waistband is also true to the original. Finish touch of A/N inspection stamp and Air Corp stamp on the lining.
If you like to create your personal specifications or modified colors, shape or components please visit the A-2 custom made jacket page.
Very sturdy horsehide jacket Review by ijp
My russet brown horsehide is great. Very sturdy hide. I bought it primarily because I wanted a super tough leather jacket. After a week of constant wear it 's already starting to show the characteristic wavy pattern of creasing that horsehide (and shell cordovan shoes) display. Very pleased. The only thing that surprised me a bit was the flat almost sprayed/painted looking brown matte type finish on the jacket. Overall I was very pleased and bought a second one in seal brown! I don't think you will get better value for a horsehide jacket. (Posted on 11/19/2012)
Beautiful Jacket Review by thevans59
I ordered a custom A-2 jacket on Saturday and I think it was shipped on monday, received it on Wednesday. Pictures on the website do no do justice to the jacket. It's absolutely gorgeous. I've already had numerous positive comments about it from total strangers. I had the sleeves shortened based on the the measurements page. Also, I exchanged some emails with Shaul, which he answered almost immediately. Bottom line is the jacket fits perfectly. I had my name put on the lining - nice touche. Overall, I am very pleased with purchase, as well as the customer service I received. Considering ordering a B-6. Thanks Shaul. (Posted on 11/19/2012)
Ready Review by Grizzly P.
I ordered the seal brown horsehide. This jacket is straight up street armor. I would recommend it to anyone. (Posted on 11/13/2012)
PERFECT Review by donniedee
ordered my horse hide a2 when it arrived she fit like a glove and was worth every penny spent, there not cheap but if you want a jacket to pass down and last a life time GET IT... youll be happy (Posted on 11/11/2012)
Goatskin A2 jacket Review by G. J. Texan
I received my goatskin A2 one day before scheduled delivery date by UPS. Shipping from U.S. to Italy only took seven days. The jacket fits correctly and the goatskin brown is just the way I expected. I know that I will appreciate more my A2 as I break in the leather. In other words, I am fully satisfied.
Dear Shaul Dover I thank you for promptly updating me with e-mails about order confirmation and shipping informations
(Posted on 10/8/2012)
Awesome A-2! Review by Zach
I received my russet horsehide jacket the other day, and it far exceeded my expectations! I decided to order from US Authentic after looking at a few different companies due to Shaul's great reviews and communication (prompt response to my size inquiry). I received my jacket only a week after I placed my order, and that included the custom lining. The craftsmanship is exquisite, and the fit is just as great. The horsehide is very thick, but it moves and breaths very well. I also added an AAF silk scarf to complete the look, and it is a very nice piece as well. I can't wait to get my jacket it broken in, I'm looking for excuses to get out of the house just so I can wear it! (Posted on 9/30/2012)
Very accurate A-2 Review by C.K.
I am very pleased with my jacket. I bought a Russet horsehide A-2 from U.S. Authentic two winters ago. I was luke warm to the generic non-original manufacturer look so I bought an Aero of Scotland A-2, which was very highly rated on several consumer review sites. Comparing them side by side, the U.S. is a much better jacket. The aero feels flimsy and it's too dark brown, in fact it looks black indoors under atrifical light. The Aero compared to an original issue Aero 42-15142-P (which I own one of) has many inaccuracies, so many in fact I feel their advertisment of "stitch-for-stitch" reproduction is false advertising. The original maker U.S. comes closest to copying is Perry Sportswear 42-16175-P. If a few small changes were made to the stitching in a few areas and a Perry Sportswear label added, I think U.S. could rival Eastman and Good wear leather in the original maker reproduction A-2 market. I will be sending my Aero back and keeping my U.S. Authentic. (Posted on 9/8/2012)
My 2nd A2 from flight jacket Review by Alex C
Received my 2nd A2 in seal brown 2 days earlier that expected! Excellent workmanship. I bought my 1st A2 from flight jacket about 4 years ago in russet brown and decided to add the seal brown to my collection. It will take awhile to break in the leather, but i'm loving it going through the whole process again. Thanks shaul Dover! (Posted on 8/11/2012)
Superb Jacket! Review by Mike P.
I can't say enough about the seal brown horsehide A-2 that I just received from your company. Absolutely stunning, at a fantastic price. At least 1/4 less the price than the other "big name" mfgs. The attention paid to detail and original specs. is as good as I've seen. Very, very close to an original WW11 that I owned. Keep up the good work! ( p.s. you are a big name in my book!) (Posted on 3/23/2012)
Superb Product! Review by Mike P.
I really can't say enough about this seal brown horsehide A-2 that I just received from your company. Absolutely stunning! The attention paid to the original specs. is very, very close to an original WW11 that I owned. Excellent workmanship and detail at about two thirds the cost of some of the other "big name" makers I researched. Keep up the good work! I will be purchasing another jacket from you. Thank you so much. (p.s. you are a big name in my book!) (Posted on 3/23/2012)
- Vintage Goatskin A2 Review by Eric
- I was lucky enough to obtain a vintage goatskin A2 jacket in the sale section of the website. Thanks to Shaul's advice, I can say that the fit is perfect. The vintage goatskin is extremely supple and drapes beautifully right out of the box. The color and texture of the leather is awesome and the stitching is spot on. The delivery time was exceptionally fast and the customer support was great. This jacket compares very favorably with other more expensive A2 jackets that I have owned. In summary,I am very happy with the quality and customer service. Thanks Shaul!! (Posted on 8/7/2015)
- Vintage A2 Goatskin Worth The Wait Review by Missileman
I recently purchased the A2 in Vintage Goatskin after trying the A2 in horsehide and sending it back. The goat was everything I was looking for - particularly the "vintage" color. The thing to remember with the reproduction A2's is that the cut is different than a modern issue A2, or CWU-36/p. My other A2 is a recent USAF issue in 46R as is my CWU.The WW2 A2 is a 48 to get approximately the same fit.
The quick order fulfillment is also a huge plus. I ordered it on Thursday afternoon and had it on Friday (to Connecticut).
I looked at all the repro A2's out there - even had a spreadsheet to compare and contrast - Goodwear, Lost Worlds, G&B, Eastman, etc. and selected US A for the value.
From my perspective as a former USAF Captain (Combat Crew Commander) we wore what we were issued. Some guys had new stuff, some not so new. The truth is that even issue grade jackets were different - even from the same manufacturer. So all the A2 jacketeers who count stiches/inch, size of the grommets, and other goofy stuff would do well to take a breath - I'd have no problem recommending a US A A2.
(Posted on 8/2/2015)
- Best of the Best Review by Randy Jones
- I've been a U.S. Authentic customer since their beginning, around 1998. It started because my uncle was a WWII AAF and later USAF B-24 and C-130 navigator. My sons are USAF & Army flyers. I've collected flight jackets from all makers, since I was 12. Some were well made; some cheap, expensive, or fairly priced, I didn't care. They were leather, cotton, nylon or Nomex. Again, I didn't care. I've love(ed) them all. My mother tossed 'em when I moved out; my wife said they cluttered the house & my sons stole them to give to their girlfriends. I love U.S. Authentic the most. Why? It is the best - has the most variation of types and kinds (A-2; B-3: etc), & will modify any & all for you: they make special orders, do anything you ask...not for the money but for your satisfaction. Their attention to detail & 'period' accuracy is truly "Authentic." They are the last of a dying breed, where the customer really does come first, no questions asked. I will be buried (but not too soon I hope) in a U.S. Authentic A-2!. Save yourself time, $$$ & headaches. Don't shop around, just shop at U.S. Authentic. You will always be completely satisfied. Paul R. Jones (Posted on 6/22/2015)