Items 11 to 13 of 13 total
Superb custom work Review by Matthew Fitzkee
I am writing to leave praise and my recommendation for US Authentic. I recently ordered a modified G-1 jacket from this corporation. Actually, it was more of me combining a few different styles into one. A base G-1, with the collar and pockets of an A-2, and the room and arm pockets of an MA-1.
I was looking for a company that would custom make a coat exactly the way I wanted it. It should also be noted that I am 6â€™-2â€ tall, and 240 lbs from working out a lot. (a size 48 T) I put together a small notebook with my specifications, pictures, sketches, and the works. I wanted a button-out wool lining, custom pockets, sleeves, collar, and an authentic blood chit sewn into the lining. On US AUTHENTIC assurance, I sent everything. I had trouble choosing a leather, so he promptly sent me samples. I choose black horsehide.
(Posted on 7/22/10)
Excellent service and quality Review by N. King
Well, thanks again for the excellent service and quality, you have a very satisfied customer! Well, I received my jacket today, and to say the least I had some very high expectations after looking at your site and reading your client testimonials. Now that I have received my very own Jacket, I am not only pleased but extremely pleased to say the least. US Authentic has definitely lived up to their reputation, actually its the first time I purchased over the Net, and was quite skeptical of scams, but your service has been second to none and also instilled confidence of o/s purchasing. Next to my trusty 12 year old cowhide bikers jacket, my new bombers flight jacket exceeds not only quality but fit and style, guess I'll just have to hang the old one up and wear the heck outa my new one. The horsehide is even more subtle than I imagined, let alone when it breaks in as u say.....if the first impression is as good as the lasting impression, I will certainly be very happy. Thanks again, and I'll certainly pass the word onto my peers in the Harley Owners Group of Liverpool, where I am the Director.
(Posted on 7/22/10)
Fits like a glove and looks great! Review by Steven Go
I had heard rave reviews about this company, but was rather apprehensive about ordering clothing over the Internet because off the rack clothing seldom fits my particular body habitus. To make matters worse, I accidentally submitted the wrong measurements, ordered a bunch of custom alterations, and even sent the jacket back for a couple of things.
Despite all of that, Shaul and his team produced a custom jacket that fits like a glove and looks great! All this was done with outstanding, friendly customer service--and in record time! If you are reading this and are a little hesitant to order--be assured, this company is the BEST if you are interested in the BEST military jackets extant. A+! (Posted on 7/21/10)
Items 11 to 13 of 13 total
- 1 year update Review by CJ
- I received my custom G-1 Feb 2013, so it’s time for an annual review. I noted in my original review (Outstanding Custom, Great Value) that I loved the soft, supple leather but was concerned how it would wear over time. I am happy to report that is showing no undue wear, even in the elbows where it rests on hard surfaces while wearing it during long road trips. It is my favorite jacket and I wear it daily when the weather isn’t too hot. I never use the removable fur collar, I just prefer the way it looks without it (like the A-2). Can’t say enough about my custom order to make a G-1 with the A-2 collar—I have the bi-swing back pleats but I also have the clean A-2 collar. In my mind it’s the best compromise for range of motion and looks. The leather is aging very well, gaining lots of great character without any sagging, discoloration, etc. It’s been stuck in the rain a few times, but the water caused no adverse reactions (of course I always dry it off with a towel asap as soon as I get indoors). I’m still disappointed in the poor-quality heat-transferred decals used for the optional, custom-lettered lining, but they haven’t peeled off or come apart in any way. They just don’t fit the quality of the jacket, and I think a true, painted-on, stenciled lettering would look great and age well (and be less expensive?). Overall, still my favorite jacket, HIGHLY recommend this company and their work as long as Shaul Dover is involved. (Posted on 3/12/14)
- G1 Horsehide Review by Bobby Brown
- The horsehide used in this jacket is an ideal weight and suppleness. Not too heavy like an Aero FQH jacket, but a weight that doesn't take years to break in which is great............ (Posted on 2/27/14)
- Outstanding Custom, Great Value Review by CJ
I have an original Navy G-1 (Star Sportswear contract), original B-10 (Stagg contract), a G-8 by Avirex, a B-9 by Avirex, and a US Wings G-1. The US Wings is a Tall and was just too long in the body despite the longer sleeves being fine. I bought & returned a Gibson-Barnes M-422A b/c the body was too full, not the slim military cut as advertised.
Deciding to get a custom G-1, I followed Flightjacket.com's recommendation and purchased an off-the-rack G-1. I rec'd it quickly. Noted some shortcomings: map pocket was narrow and shallow compared to orig G-1s and US Wings, elastic straps that keep the bi-swing back tucked are narrower/thinner than orig & US Wings. The rayon lining is thinner than both, too. It makes the leather seem thinner than the others, but if you measure it--it's not. On the plus side, the leather is the most supple I've ever come across. Feels more like supple cowhide, but with the pebbled grain of goatskin.
So I returned that jacket with my changes based off the jacket rec'd as requested. Only took about a week to receive the custom jacket (shipped from NY to CA no less). I lengthened the sleeves, shortened the body, brought the pockets in towards the zipper, added two inside wallet pockets with custom width and depth, widened and deepened the map pocket. Added the custom worded lining (disappointed that it's not painted on, more like a heat-transferred decal), also did the removable fur collar (ever get tired of the fur? Too warm?).
Overall, great execution. Wanted the custom A2 lining with the custom text, but instead they put the lettering on the G-1 rayon. The leather collar, without the fur in place, needed the A2 style snaps to keep the collar proper. I emailed my concerns, and to their credit, the company was willing to take the jacket back, remove the G-1 lining and install the A2 lining as requested without charge. Upon reflection, I did not request them to tear out the old lining b/c I didn't think the re-sewing would turn out as well. But they did install the snap down collar without charge, even though I didn't originally ask for it.
Great customer service. Working late one Saturday night, I sent an email to them about the custom jacket, and I rec'd an email back that night (around 2 am EST)! I apologized, not knowing they would get my email at that hour on a weekend. Unheard of.
I finally have the G-1 I've always wanted. Fits perfect, leather collar, so comfortable. BTW, these come with the more attractive M-422 pocket flaps, and this is the only G-1 I've had that has the great "leather" smell, even 2 months after purchase. Not sure how this buttery smooth leather will wear over the years. Time will tell, but it's already displaying some nice break-in wrinkles that I really like.
You can't touch a custom jacket like this for this price. (Posted on 4/11/13)