The A-2 Flight Jacket was made famous by U.S. Army airmen who wore them as a testament to their bravery, independence and skill. Service tested in 1930, the A-2 was adopted as the regulation Army Air Corps flying jacket on May 9, 1931. Its style continues to be a perfect example of form following function.
The A-2 jacket is available and true to the original design in russet or seal brown horsehide or medium brown goatskin.
True to the original Air Corp Spec:
One piece back, 2 piece sleeves. Talon nickel finish zipper with leather puller tabs, single entry pocket with luxurious curved shape flaps. Epaulets boxed stitched, 1 3/4" tapering down to 1 1/2". Hanger loop boxed stitch through and through. Stand up collar, snapped down collar tips. 8-10 stitches per inch, reinforced pockets corners and wind flap, provide solid construction that backed by life time warrantee.
Its lining of 100% cotton and 100% wool knit cuffs & waistband is also true to the original. Finish touch of A/N inspection stamp and Air Corp stamp on the lining.
If you like to create your personal specifications or modified colors, shape or components please visit the A-2 custom made jacket page.
Far exceeded my expectations Review by Carl Amoscato (April 2006)
Thank you so much for the outstanding work you did on my jacket. The work you did far exceeded my expectations, and I truly appreciate it. (Posted on 7/23/10)
Excellent quality and craftsmanship Review by H.L. Wortham (April 2006)
I have had my A2 army/air force flight jacket horse hide, for over a month now and I am so pleased. It is of excellent quality and craftsmanship. The more I wear it the more comfortable it becomes. I live in San Diego Ca. so it is a all weather jacket for me. I had two other knock offs of the A2 which I have given away, no need for them now. I also have the Navy issue G1, so I swap between the two.
Thank you for the reasonable priced and high quality Flight jacket.
PS I wore the Navy issue G1 my whole 26 yr. career (Posted on 7/23/10)
You guys are the best Review by Rich Keys (April 2006)
Jacket is back "home". Thank you for the quick service, and the little touches (re-sewing the nametape without sewing it to the lining and color thread on unit patch). Throat latch is perfect. Easy to see why you guys are the best.
(Posted on 7/23/10)
Could not be happier Review by Tom Ames (February 2006)
Hello US Authentic!
Just a note to thank you for a great A2 Goatskin! It came in the mail today and I could not be happier with fit and finish. A special thanks to the person on the phone with whom I placed the order. I wear a 40 regular and after explaining my size the person said to go with a 42 regular. I was really concerned as I currently own a competitor's jacket, size large, and have never been happy with it. They only offer a medium or large type of sizing and the medium was too small and the large which I bought was a compromise at best. Well, after looking at all the various sites I decided to go with yours and the quality is great, the fit is great and I am so happy I bought from you and would reccommend you over any other coat. I cannot imagine the more expensive coats being any better. I am debating whether or not to have the sleeves shortened but I really do not want to be without it for the rest of the winter. Is there a time frame on returning for sleeve shortening?
A satisfied customer
(Posted on 7/22/10)
Great jacket Review by Eric Hooper
Got the jacket a few minutes ago, I am wearing it as I write this. It looks great! Thanks for all your help and assistance. After my brother sees it I may be contacting you for another one. I will be wearing it to the 490th reunion in Oct. hopefully some of the guys will enjoy it. (Posted on 7/22/10)
Thank you for a great jacket! Review by Randy Workman
I just wanted to drop you a line to let you know I received my goatskin A2 yesterday. After numerous emails you were correct on the size. The sleeves are about a inch longer than I like but thatâ€™s something I can live with because the quality and authentic look of the jacket more than make up for it! I had a C***er horsehide and your A2 is a far superior reproduction it does even come close. I was also surprised to receive the jacket in 2 business days!
I just had a question about the thickness or weight of the goatskin, how does it compare to that of the horsehide?
Thank You for such a great jacket! Keep up the great work.
(Posted on 7/22/10)
Awesome quality and service! Review by Ray Krivanek
Just received my russet brown horsehide A2!
I just ordered a size 44 regular to try out for possible modifications, but after wearing it for about 30 seconds I found it to be perfect just the way it is. I ordered my jacket on Sunday night, and received it on Wednesday, just in time for the Thanksgiving holiday.I can now use my holiday vacation to paint my own nose art design on my new jacket. Thanks for offering a superior and authentic product, and for the lightning fast shipment of my purchase. I hope to purchase a few more jackets from your company in the future, and will reccomend you to all my friends.
(Posted on 7/22/10)
Fits like a glove, great investment! Review by Svegard Kurt
Thanks for a great jacket, that fits like "hand in glove"â€¦can`t increase weight now howeverâ€¦
I am looking forward to see how it will look and "change" over time regarding color and hide.
This jacket is so much more cool than any fashion replica on the streetâ€¦that is so hot this fall/winter here in Europe now.
A good investment that hopefully will stay in my wardrobe many years to come!
All the best!
Have a nice day!
Vennlig hilsen/Best regards
(Posted on 7/22/10)
Impeccable stitching, wonderful lining Review by Dan Rulli
Recieved a goatskin A2 a few days ago and I am amazed at what a nice jacket this is. Light weight, tough, impeccable stitching, wonderful cotton lining. It fits better than I would have imagined for a jacket that I ordered without trying on first. It almost feels like a heavy shirt that I can wear all day. I can't say enough good things about it. A great jacket for the price. (Posted on 7/22/10)
I will never part with this jacket Review by Steve Snyder
I purchased one of your russet horsehide A-2 jackets a year ago after a long search (20+ years) for an authentic reproduction.
All I can say, is thank you, as a former Air Force pilot and current Army Apache pilot in the Guard, I get numerous compliments whenever I wear it from fellow aviators past and present.
Initially, I had a few minor problems which were handled immediately and I will never part with this jacket. The older it gets, the better I like it.
I only wish I had a son to pass it onto, as it should just be getting broken in when I check out. (Posted on 7/21/10)
- Fantastic Goatskin A2 Review by David
- I wish to thank you for the fantastic Goatskin A2 jacket you made for me. This jacket is by far the nicest I own. The details are precise, and the fit is just fantastic. This jacket is very comfortable, and has an athletic fit which is just what I was expecting. Many people on various flight jacket forums such as The Fedora Lounge has given glowing testimonies about the great product you make. They were right on the money. Again, thank you very much for producing a 1st rate A2 jacket that the average person can afford right here in the good old U.S.A. I can not imagine any way to improve your product. It is just perfect. In closing I would like to say once again, Thank You. (Posted on 11/11/13)
- Magnificent Historical Likeness Review by Bill P
- What can I say? A high end true to history perfectly sized work of art. I finalized my order on Monday and received my custom jacket seven (7) days later. My A-2 is replete with sewn on leather squadron and 8th Air Force patches, and name tag. Nickel finish Talon zipper and thick horsehide. Good old Shauli has rally worked hard to create a first class operation with one stop shopping for all your needs and to meet every budget. (Posted on 11/5/13)
- Perfect Custom A-2 Review by Bill
- I've been looking for an A-2 for a while and researching it meticulously. I was originally looking at Gibson and Barnes, however their website had "issues" and they were none too helpful on the phone. At 5'4" and 170 lbs I have a hard to fit build and I am very picky. Shaul was patient with my many questions re: fit, leather, lining etc. I ordered the A-2 in horsehide with a number of custom options. It arrived only days after I placed the order. It fits perfect, is of the best quality and is more than I expected. I highly recommend US Authentics. (Posted on 10/7/13)