The A-2 Flight Jacket was made famous by U.S. Army airmen who wore them as a testament to their bravery, independence and skill. Service tested in 1930, the A-2 was adopted as the regulation Army Air Corps flying jacket on May 9, 1931. Its style continues to be a perfect example of form following function.
The A-2 jacket is available and true to the original design in russet or seal brown horsehide or medium brown goatskin.
True to the original Air Corp Spec:
One piece back, 2 piece sleeves. Talon nickel finish zipper with leather puller tabs, single entry pocket with luxurious curved shape flaps. Epaulets boxed stitched, 1 3/4" tapering down to 1 1/2". Hanger loop boxed stitch through and through. Stand up collar, snapped down collar tips. 8-10 stitches per inch, reinforced pockets corners and wind flap, provide solid construction that backed by life time warrantee.
Its lining of 100% cotton and 100% wool knit cuffs & waistband is also true to the original. Finish touch of A/N inspection stamp and Air Corp stamp on the lining.
If you like to create your personal specifications or modified colors, shape or components please visit the A-2 custom made jacket page.
Wonderful jacket Review by Calvin Chue (February 2006)
Got the goatskin A-2 jacket today and it looks wonderful! I'm sure our co-worker will cherish it for many years. The custom printed liner is just perfect.
Thanks again for an excellent product and quick shipping!
(Posted on 7/28/10)
Great! Review by Scott Shoop (January 2006)
I recieved my A2 in two days from ordering. Great! The product is everything that I expected. Thanks again and I WILL recommend you to my friends. (Posted on 7/28/10)
Thanks for an outstanding jacket Review by James R. Dole (February 2007)
I recently purchased and received my Russet Horsehide A2 jacket. I am very pleased with the quality to price ratio.
I gave the salesman/owner my height and weight and the suggested size was perfect. It is a bit stiff (a good thing) and I am told that with increased wearing of the jacket the fit/feel will only get better. Thanks again for an outstanding jacket. I look forward to purchasing the Medium Brown Goatskin A2 next. (Posted on 7/23/10)
As authentic as it can be Review by Dave Pitt (February 2007)
I want to take a minute and "Thank You" for the excellent service I received from when I ordered my A-2 Jacket.
I have had several A-2 jackets in the past. The last one was a Cooper, which I wore till the cuffs frayed out. I gave it to Goodwill.
This jacket is well made and as authentic as I care to be. Eplets, patch pockets, etc. are first class. I ordered it on last week [Wednesday] and it was here this Monday. Wow, now that is fast. I highly recomend you.
Thank you again, I am VERY PLEASED !!!!!
(Posted on 7/23/10)
My favorite piece of clothing!! Review by Rob Bailey (February 2007)
About 8 years ago I was searching for an authentic A-2 flight jacket. I found your site, and loved all the information on it. I kept watching for months, waiting on an A-2 in my size to show up in the bargain bin. Sure enough, one day a "mis-stiched" A-2 became available and I jumped right on it.
When it arrived I could not believe the quality. I had only seen cheap replicas in the past. To this day it is my favorite piece of clothing I've ever owned.
Whatever mperfection is there is not even noticable.
I wanted to let you know that you have another thrilled customer. I re-ordered another catalogue because they are a fantastic resource.
I hope your company is doing well. I have recommended friends to you. Thank you for doing excellent work!
It's greatly appreciated. (Posted on 7/23/10)
Rich, glorious leather. 100% satisfied! Review by Doug Rennie (January 2007)
Well, my A-2 goatskin arrived today (Jan 9); not sure why it took almost 2 weeks to get here, but now that it has at last arrived, it's well worth the wait. Just a superb jacket! A near-perfect fit (your 38R recommendation was right on; I'm usually between a 36R and 38R, but the US authentic jacket is a trim fit, which I much prefer over the baggy "relaxed" fit of almost all the others. The fit on me is snug without being tight, as I said close-to-perfect), and the quality of the leather, stitching, and general attention to detail is first-rate.
VASTLY superior in every respect to the Cooper A-2 I once had. The leather is smooth, soft and supple, and the jacket smells like the interior of a BMW. That is, that rich, glorious leather smell.
Everything about the jacket says quality and authenticity, including the "Army Air Forces" stamp on the lining which gives the whole package a strong WW II feel.
The long wait was a little frustrating, but I am 100% satisfied with the jacket.
(Posted on 7/23/10)
Awesome product Review by Sean Downs (November 2006)
I bought a A-2 horsehide on 10/31/06 for my dad and he loves it , you sell an awesome product. I bought an A-2 from another company in the spring and the quality my jacket next to yours is night and day your jacket is a homerun and mine is let's just say I'm kicking myself now for not researching more.Hopefully in the future I'll save up enough to buy one of your fine jackets, until such time take care.
A satisfied customer ,
Do you take trade in's ha ha ha. Take care, Sean
(Posted on 7/23/10)
Infinitely better than the competition Review by NK Watanabe (November 2006)
I just received your Russet Horsehide A-2 and it is outstanding! Through work with the Exemplar Program at the USAF Academy, I have come in contact with numerous A-2s , including one from COL Hub Zemke and yours is right on. Infinitely better than those sold by your competitors such as US Wings. Hooah!
LTC, US Army
(Posted on 7/23/10)
Awesome jacket Review by Sean Downs (November 2006)
I purchased an a-2 horsehide for my dad on 10/31/06, I recieved it in two days the jacket was awesome. I purchased a horsehide from another company this year and mine doesn't even match the quality of yours. I'll try to obtain one of your A-2 horsehide for myself in the near future . keep up the great work. (Posted on 7/23/10)
Outstanding repair Review by Carl Bernstein (November 2006)
Thanks again for the outstanding repair and fast one week turn around.The wrist knits look great. The leather WW2 name tag looks perfect and you did it without sewing thru the liner! fantastic first rate job! Cheers, Carl Bernstein. (Posted on 7/23/10)
- Seal Horsehide A-2 Review by John
- I purchased this jacket from its original owner, who apparently bought it and never wore it! The jacket came to me as if it had never even been tried on - the horsehide completely fresh and needing to be broken in. I haven't taken it off! What an amazing jacket. I had been researching the different reproductions extensively and decided I would go after one of these based on all of the great reviews. I made the right choice. Everything is perfect. The cotton thread, cotton liner, wool knits, great great great fit!! Can't say that enough. Awesome hardware too. I suspect I will be wearing this jacket for the rest of my life. Just emailed Shaul to order an A-1!! (Posted on 11/9/14)
- Exactly what I wanted Review by James
- Highly recommend U.S. Authentic. You'll read how Shaul is extremely responsive to messages and helpful with sizing and other recommendations in other reviews. That was true for me as well, but in addition to that I now have a custom flight jacket that was created exactly how I requested, and straight out of the box it is clear that this jacket is very well-made and will last a long, long time. Thanks again to Shaul and his excellent staff for a well-made, good looking, custom-made A2 that didn't cost a $1000. (Posted on 11/6/14)
- Perfect Fit! Review by Digger
- I just received your A-2 goatskin medium brown jacket and couldn't be happier. There was no guess work in sizing. I ordered my 46R suit size and the fit is spot on. Earlier I had ordered and returned an A-2 from a competitor. Using their size conversion chart I had opted for an XL (46 to48). The shoulders were too large and the torso and sleeves way too long. Thanks! (Posted on 10/25/14)