Items 11 to 14 of 14 total
Could not be more pleased Review by Mark West (April 2006)
Got the custom G1 jacket and I could not be more pleased. All the features I wanted, and none that I didn't. The fit is absolutely perferct, and delivered just in time for my trip.
One very happy customer,
(Posted on 7/23/10)
Superb custom work Review by Matthew Fitzkee
I am writing to leave praise and my recommendation for US Authentic. I recently ordered a modified G-1 jacket from this corporation. Actually, it was more of me combining a few different styles into one. A base G-1, with the collar and pockets of an A-2, and the room and arm pockets of an MA-1.
I was looking for a company that would custom make a coat exactly the way I wanted it. It should also be noted that I am 6â€™-2â€ tall, and 240 lbs from working out a lot. (a size 48 T) I put together a small notebook with my specifications, pictures, sketches, and the works. I wanted a button-out wool lining, custom pockets, sleeves, collar, and an authentic blood chit sewn into the lining. On US AUTHENTIC assurance, I sent everything. I had trouble choosing a leather, so he promptly sent me samples. I choose black horsehide.
(Posted on 7/22/10)
Excellent service and quality Review by N. King
Well, thanks again for the excellent service and quality, you have a very satisfied customer! Well, I received my jacket today, and to say the least I had some very high expectations after looking at your site and reading your client testimonials. Now that I have received my very own Jacket, I am not only pleased but extremely pleased to say the least. US Authentic has definitely lived up to their reputation, actually its the first time I purchased over the Net, and was quite skeptical of scams, but your service has been second to none and also instilled confidence of o/s purchasing. Next to my trusty 12 year old cowhide bikers jacket, my new bombers flight jacket exceeds not only quality but fit and style, guess I'll just have to hang the old one up and wear the heck outa my new one. The horsehide is even more subtle than I imagined, let alone when it breaks in as u say.....if the first impression is as good as the lasting impression, I will certainly be very happy. Thanks again, and I'll certainly pass the word onto my peers in the Harley Owners Group of Liverpool, where I am the Director.
(Posted on 7/22/10)
Fits like a glove and looks great! Review by Steven Go
I had heard rave reviews about this company, but was rather apprehensive about ordering clothing over the Internet because off the rack clothing seldom fits my particular body habitus. To make matters worse, I accidentally submitted the wrong measurements, ordered a bunch of custom alterations, and even sent the jacket back for a couple of things.
Despite all of that, Shaul and his team produced a custom jacket that fits like a glove and looks great! All this was done with outstanding, friendly customer service--and in record time! If you are reading this and are a little hesitant to order--be assured, this company is the BEST if you are interested in the BEST military jackets extant. A+! (Posted on 7/21/10)
Items 11 to 14 of 14 total
- Great work, reasonably priced, done quickly Review by James
- In exactly a week to the day that I put the order in I received my custom G-1. It looks fantastic, fits perfectly, and was built exactly to my rather specific requests. Really impressive work. I strongly recommend U.S. Manufacturing Co. (Posted on 11/24/14)
- 1 year update Review by CJ
- I received my custom G-1 Feb 2013, so it’s time for an annual review. I noted in my original review (Outstanding Custom, Great Value) that I loved the soft, supple leather but was concerned how it would wear over time. I am happy to report that is showing no undue wear, even in the elbows where it rests on hard surfaces while wearing it during long road trips. It is my favorite jacket and I wear it daily when the weather isn’t too hot. I never use the removable fur collar, I just prefer the way it looks without it (like the A-2). Can’t say enough about my custom order to make a G-1 with the A-2 collar—I have the bi-swing back pleats but I also have the clean A-2 collar. In my mind it’s the best compromise for range of motion and looks. The leather is aging very well, gaining lots of great character without any sagging, discoloration, etc. It’s been stuck in the rain a few times, but the water caused no adverse reactions (of course I always dry it off with a towel asap as soon as I get indoors). I’m still disappointed in the poor-quality heat-transferred decals used for the optional, custom-lettered lining, but they haven’t peeled off or come apart in any way. They just don’t fit the quality of the jacket, and I think a true, painted-on, stenciled lettering would look great and age well (and be less expensive?). Overall, still my favorite jacket, HIGHLY recommend this company and their work as long as Shaul Dover is involved. (Posted on 3/12/14)
- G1 Horsehide Review by Bobby Brown
- The horsehide used in this jacket is an ideal weight and suppleness. Not too heavy like an Aero FQH jacket, but a weight that doesn't take years to break in which is great............ (Posted on 2/27/14)