Items 11 to 15 of 15 total
Detail is brilliant Review by Nigel Hills (August 2006)
Guys, I am based in the UK and thanks for sending my custom G1 jacket so promptly. It is superb and the detail is brilliant. I love it and will definitely be back again.
It will be worn with pride this weekend at the Goodwood Revival.
(Posted on 7/23/2010)
Could not be more pleased Review by Mark West (April 2006)
Got the custom G1 jacket and I could not be more pleased. All the features I wanted, and none that I didn't. The fit is absolutely perferct, and delivered just in time for my trip.
One very happy customer,
(Posted on 7/23/2010)
Superb custom work Review by Matthew Fitzkee
I am writing to leave praise and my recommendation for US Authentic. I recently ordered a modified G-1 jacket from this corporation. Actually, it was more of me combining a few different styles into one. A base G-1, with the collar and pockets of an A-2, and the room and arm pockets of an MA-1.
I was looking for a company that would custom make a coat exactly the way I wanted it. It should also be noted that I am 6â€™-2â€ tall, and 240 lbs from working out a lot. (a size 48 T) I put together a small notebook with my specifications, pictures, sketches, and the works. I wanted a button-out wool lining, custom pockets, sleeves, collar, and an authentic blood chit sewn into the lining. On US AUTHENTIC assurance, I sent everything. I had trouble choosing a leather, so he promptly sent me samples. I choose black horsehide.
(Posted on 7/22/2010)
Excellent service and quality Review by N. King
Well, thanks again for the excellent service and quality, you have a very satisfied customer! Well, I received my jacket today, and to say the least I had some very high expectations after looking at your site and reading your client testimonials. Now that I have received my very own Jacket, I am not only pleased but extremely pleased to say the least. US Authentic has definitely lived up to their reputation, actually its the first time I purchased over the Net, and was quite skeptical of scams, but your service has been second to none and also instilled confidence of o/s purchasing. Next to my trusty 12 year old cowhide bikers jacket, my new bombers flight jacket exceeds not only quality but fit and style, guess I'll just have to hang the old one up and wear the heck outa my new one. The horsehide is even more subtle than I imagined, let alone when it breaks in as u say.....if the first impression is as good as the lasting impression, I will certainly be very happy. Thanks again, and I'll certainly pass the word onto my peers in the Harley Owners Group of Liverpool, where I am the Director.
(Posted on 7/22/2010)
Fits like a glove and looks great! Review by Steven Go
I had heard rave reviews about this company, but was rather apprehensive about ordering clothing over the Internet because off the rack clothing seldom fits my particular body habitus. To make matters worse, I accidentally submitted the wrong measurements, ordered a bunch of custom alterations, and even sent the jacket back for a couple of things.
Despite all of that, Shaul and his team produced a custom jacket that fits like a glove and looks great! All this was done with outstanding, friendly customer service--and in record time! If you are reading this and are a little hesitant to order--be assured, this company is the BEST if you are interested in the BEST military jackets extant. A+! (Posted on 7/21/2010)
Items 11 to 15 of 15 total
- Great jacket, amazing service Review by Benji
- Shaul cares about his customers so trust me when I say that if you choose this company you will be taken care of. I was treated like top priority, not used to that but I love it. It is very hard for me to choose jackets as my size is hard to fit. I am recently out of the Marine Corps and thus my chest is 42" and waist is 32". So Shaul advised me to get a 44R witch I agreed because that was the size work blouse I wore in the corps. My suit size is 42R but I didnt want a tight fit for a jacket that I would "wear out". The jacket sent was awsone, but the sleeves were long and the body length was long. I sent it back for a re-custom order. Trimmed the sleeves 3" and the body by 2.5. This is major surgery and is hard to pull off. But they managed to do it very well. The only hint of the operation was the front pockets moved up, but that was expected. I also added side buckles to get a better fit in the stomach area as I have no pooch. The goatskin is light and tough. Drapes very nice over the shoulders and I can bend and move my arms nicely. Curious about the horsehide now. The inside pockets I added are exact to size and are deep and tight, nothing to fall out. The hand warmer pockets fit my hands and are done in a way that doesnt allow items to fall out (I like very much). The lining is great, can get in and out quickly. The zipper is so sturdy and thick that you would have to be cut out of this jacket (Good for swimming and bar brawls). I got an A2 collar attached for aesthetic reasons, I never liked the fur though it is more practical. I now have a jacket I love and it fits great, both reflecting my service and nature for a rugged classic feel. I might get a true Mil Spec from this company in the future, but rest assured if I ever buy a leather jacket it will be from here. I cant say enough how great the customer service is. I emailed Shaul late one night before heading for bed expecting an answer maybe a couple days later, but before I got out of the shower he had emailed me back. I live in the same hemisphere as NY so cudos for Shaul. He could have emailed me the next day, but somehow he remains available. Yes he is busy, but he makes time for his customers. That is what seperates this company from others. Their service is better than the military tailers I am used to. That speaks for itself. Keep up the great work, you got me hooked. (Posted on 1/1/2015)
- Great work, reasonably priced, done quickly Review by James
- In exactly a week to the day that I put the order in I received my custom G-1. It looks fantastic, fits perfectly, and was built exactly to my rather specific requests. Really impressive work. I strongly recommend U.S. Manufacturing Co. (Posted on 11/24/2014)
- 1 year update Review by CJ
- I received my custom G-1 Feb 2013, so it’s time for an annual review. I noted in my original review (Outstanding Custom, Great Value) that I loved the soft, supple leather but was concerned how it would wear over time. I am happy to report that is showing no undue wear, even in the elbows where it rests on hard surfaces while wearing it during long road trips. It is my favorite jacket and I wear it daily when the weather isn’t too hot. I never use the removable fur collar, I just prefer the way it looks without it (like the A-2). Can’t say enough about my custom order to make a G-1 with the A-2 collar—I have the bi-swing back pleats but I also have the clean A-2 collar. In my mind it’s the best compromise for range of motion and looks. The leather is aging very well, gaining lots of great character without any sagging, discoloration, etc. It’s been stuck in the rain a few times, but the water caused no adverse reactions (of course I always dry it off with a towel asap as soon as I get indoors). I’m still disappointed in the poor-quality heat-transferred decals used for the optional, custom-lettered lining, but they haven’t peeled off or come apart in any way. They just don’t fit the quality of the jacket, and I think a true, painted-on, stenciled lettering would look great and age well (and be less expensive?). Overall, still my favorite jacket, HIGHLY recommend this company and their work as long as Shaul Dover is involved. (Posted on 3/12/2014)