Items 11 to 17 of 17 total
Fantastic Work! Review by tango romeo
Had the wool knit cuffs and waistband replaced on my late 70's G-1 jacket and I couldn't be happier - the quality is phenomenal! Highly recommended! (Posted on 12/7/12)
First rate all around! Review by Decatur, Georgia
Had the cuffs and lining replaced on my 15 year-old Willis & Geiger A-2. The turn-around was less than 10 days and the craftsmanship was flawless. Extraordinary service and value - I recommend FlightJacket.com wholeheartedly! (Posted on 11/14/12)
Collar replacement on my Coast Guard G-1 Review by James
I had the collar replaced on my Coast Guard G-1. To replace this jacket myself would cost about $500 from the issue supplier. I had US Authentic replace the fur collar instead, which was the only area needing attention, and WOW what a difference. The turn around time was unbelievably fast and the work was outstanding! I cannot thank you all enough! I am in awe of the workmanship and I WILL be doing business with you again! (Posted on 9/20/12)
Excellent Repair to Vintage Cooper Review by Alabama
I am extremely pleased with the quality of the repair to the knit waistband and cuffs on my vintage Cooper A2. Please keep up the good work! (Posted on 5/9/11)
Jacket repair Review by William
Thank you so much for the repair work you recently did on my reproduction A-2 jacket (It is a Buzz Rickson I bought used). Replaced zipper, cuffs, and a new 3FS patch and name tag. It was very well done, and amazingly fast turnaround. I had the 3FS patch put on my jacket, and shortly after a friend saw it and he wanted this patch too! I told him I would get him one, ordered it, and it also arrived in just a few days. These patches really are nice and hand painted! (Posted on 11/23/10)
My grandson is elated Review by repair - T. E. Davis
I received my jacket today and am very pleased with the waistband and cuffs. Super job and feel free to use me as a reference should you desire.
My grandson is elated.
T. E. Davis
(Posted on 10/29/10)
exceptional Review by repair by K J Golden
Received the jacket and the work was perfect. Your speed and courtesy have been exceptional throughout. Many thanks. (Posted on 10/29/10)
Items 11 to 17 of 17 total
- Outstanding! Review by Drkilmer
- Needed new cuffs and a replacement mouton color on my G-1. Mailed the jacket on a Tuesday, got an email on Thursday that it had been shipped back to me, and it arrived on Monday. Less than one week from start to finish and the work is exceptional. Even replaced a button I didn't ask about ... thank you!! If you've got a jacket that needs some work stop hesitating and send it for repair. You'll be very happy. I know I am! (Posted on 8/26/14)
- Couldn't be happier with the work! Review by Harry L.
I bought an A-2 jacket from US Authentic in 2007, the quality was outstanding. So when I decided to have my 28 year old Lakeland G-1 "copy" jacket repaired, I sent it to US Authentic for the work. Jacket needed new knitwork, lining and hand warmer pocket bags. Additionally, the jacket had a detachable "faux fur" collar that I've always hated due to the many buttons rubbing my neck and snagging on things, so I opted to have the collar replaced.
Shaul received the jacket late on Monday and it was on its way back to me Wednesday afternoon. I got it back today (Friday). Can't ask for faster turnaround than that! New knit cuffs and waistband are fantastic, likewise the new Bemberg rayon Thinsulate lining - you have to look **really** close to tell lining has been replaced, and it feels like silk. Shaul even removed the original diamond-shaped leather "Lakeland" label from the old lining and sewed it onto the new lining in the same place! And he duplicated the inside map pocket exactly, re-using the leather from the opening of the original pocket.
Only unexpected surprise was the collar replacement. I expected the entire collar to be removed, and a new one put on. But Shaul simply unbuttoned the detachable fur portion from the existing collar leaving the bare leather collar, and sewed Mouton fur in its place. This isn't what I was expecting, but thinking about it, it is really a better solution since the "drape" and shape of my 28-year old collar is preserved. And of course the leather of the collar is a perfect match for the rest of the jacket since it's original. And again, the workmanship quality is so fine you can't tell that the newly-added fur is not original.
I couldn't be more pleased with the work Shaul did, I'd recommend his services without hesitation to anyone with a treasured jacket in need of repair. (Posted on 7/11/14)
- Jackets and service, first rate all the way!!! Review by Will H.
- I sent my US Authentic seal brown A-2 to have the knits replaced with new rust colored ones, and their AAF HQ patch applied. Not only did they have it done and on the way back in 2 days, the jacket looked better than I could have possibly imagined!!! Thank you to Shaul, and everyone working at US Authentic MFG!!! Now its time to have the russet A-2 freshened up!!! Flawless work, highly recommended!!! (Posted on 2/10/14)