- Vintage Goatskin A2 Review by Eric
- I was lucky enough to obtain a vintage goatskin A2 jacket in the sale section of the website. Thanks to Shaul's advice, I can say that the fit is perfect. The vintage goatskin is extremely supple and drapes beautifully right out of the box. The color and texture of the leather is awesome and the stitching is spot on. The delivery time was exceptionally fast and the customer support was great. This jacket compares very favorably with other more expensive A2 jackets that I have owned. In summary,I am very happy with the quality and customer service. Thanks Shaul!! (Posted on 8/7/2015)
- Vintage A2 Goatskin Worth The Wait Review by Missileman
I recently purchased the A2 in Vintage Goatskin after trying the A2 in horsehide and sending it back. The goat was everything I was looking for - particularly the "vintage" color. The thing to remember with the reproduction A2's is that the cut is different than a modern issue A2, or CWU-36/p. My other A2 is a recent USAF issue in 46R as is my CWU.The WW2 A2 is a 48 to get approximately the same fit.
The quick order fulfillment is also a huge plus. I ordered it on Thursday afternoon and had it on Friday (to Connecticut).
I looked at all the repro A2's out there - even had a spreadsheet to compare and contrast - Goodwear, Lost Worlds, G&B, Eastman, etc. and selected US A for the value.
From my perspective as a former USAF Captain (Combat Crew Commander) we wore what we were issued. Some guys had new stuff, some not so new. The truth is that even issue grade jackets were different - even from the same manufacturer. So all the A2 jacketeers who count stiches/inch, size of the grommets, and other goofy stuff would do well to take a breath - I'd have no problem recommending a US A A2.
(Posted on 8/2/2015)
- Best of the Best Review by Randy Jones
- I've been a U.S. Authentic customer since their beginning, around 1998. It started because my uncle was a WWII AAF and later USAF B-24 and C-130 navigator. My sons are USAF & Army flyers. I've collected flight jackets from all makers, since I was 12. Some were well made; some cheap, expensive, or fairly priced, I didn't care. They were leather, cotton, nylon or Nomex. Again, I didn't care. I've love(ed) them all. My mother tossed 'em when I moved out; my wife said they cluttered the house & my sons stole them to give to their girlfriends. I love U.S. Authentic the most. Why? It is the best - has the most variation of types and kinds (A-2; B-3: etc), & will modify any & all for you: they make special orders, do anything you ask...not for the money but for your satisfaction. Their attention to detail & 'period' accuracy is truly "Authentic." They are the last of a dying breed, where the customer really does come first, no questions asked. I will be buried (but not too soon I hope) in a U.S. Authentic A-2!. Save yourself time, $$$ & headaches. Don't shop around, just shop at U.S. Authentic. You will always be completely satisfied. Paul R. Jones (Posted on 6/22/2015)
- A2 Seal Brown Horsehide Review by Steve
Thank you for the excellent service and quality jacket! The size you recommended was a perfect fit. I really like the horsehide leather which is new to me because Ive been wearing a military issue goatskin A2 for many years. Also after I placed the order online I think you set the record for a shipping label creation from UPS. Literally it was about 15 minutes after I ordered when I got the confirmation of shipping. Incredible!
Steve (Posted on 4/28/2015)
- PHENOMENAL PRODUCT AND SERVICE! Review by FRANCO
Purchased an A-2 in horsehide seal brown from this company after much time spent researching the web for a quality A-2 Leather Flight Jacket. I have one which has lasted me over 20 years but got a wee bit tight so I figured it was time for a new one. I couldn't believe what some manufacturers were asking for A-2's. The average price was over $1000!!!! Then I found FlightJacket.com and US Authentic MFG Company. Prices seemed reasonable and they had exactly what I was looking for so I rolled the dice and took a chance on their jacket being enough of a quality product to suit me.
First off I couldn't believe the speed with which they responded and shipped my A-2. And I knew I hit the jackpot when I opened the box and saw the most beautiful A-2 Jacket I have ever seen! It is perfect in ever detail. The leather is a heavier more robust horsehide than my old one and weighs more also. The quality of the stitching and seams is absolutely first rate. The lining is very authentic looking and comfortable cotton.
I ordered a 46R up from my old 44R. The fit was perfect except for the sleeves which were a bit too long so I sent it back to have the sleeves shortened by 2 inches. From the time I shipped the A-2 to the company till I got it back was less than a week! Plus I had them add a name tag and a custom lining. Unbelievable service and quality of workmanship. And all this at half the price I would of paid with other manufacturers. I'll stack this A-2 up against any other A-2 on the market.
I also sent my old A-2 Jacket to US Authentic to have some patches sewn on and again incredibly fast and reliable service. I'll save this one for when my grandson is old enough to wear it.
I can't sing the praises of US Authentic MFG Company and Shaul for their prompt courteous and professional service loud enough. This A-2 will last me the rest of my life. And I intend to purchase more items from this company in the future.
Outstanding product and well done! (Posted on 1/20/2015)
- Great experience! Review by Mark
- Received my russet horsehide A-2 in 2 days! It is a beautiful jacket and Shaul was right on with sizing. The only other leather jacket I've owned was goat skin so the stiffness of horse hide is quite different. I'm wearing it every second to get it broken in. Thanks. (Posted on 1/19/2015)
- Absolutely superb product Review by Col TMH
- As a retired UN Army Colonel well familiar with the A2 Mil Spec I want to congratulate Shaul and his outstanding staff for delivering a jacket of peerless quality. The materials, craftmanship and customer service were all equally top notch. I have purchased several leather jackets through the years and none can hold a candle to the one Shaul delivered. I asked for a specific customization and they delivered exactly as prescribed and more astonishingly on-time. I hope some day to visit Shaul's shop and personally thank him and buy another jacket. You get what you pay for in America. When you buy a Flight Jacket from Shaul you will get every bit of the quality you paid for and the craftmanship you only dream of. (Posted on 1/16/2015)
- Just right Review by Jack from NC
Item just EXACTLY as advertised to the last detail, and that's not so common these days. Goatskin was wonderfully supple right out of the box, and fit was spot on. I can't possibly see how the competitors' $1000 and over repro A-2s can be any better.
Shipped fast, too. (Posted on 12/30/2014)
- Excellent Review by NCJack
Exactly as advertised (as so few things are these days). First class construction, fit is spot on, and it shipped really fast.
I got the goatskin, and it's very supple right out of the box. (Posted on 12/21/2014)
- An excellent piece of history Review by Kristie
- We ordered this jacket for my grandfather with nose art hand painted on the back. It is a piece of history and a wonderful gift. Thank you for your unique and thorough craftsmanship. (Posted on 12/16/2014)