- Great and fast service Review by Guus
- I would like to thank U.S. Authentic for the great and fast service and for the quality of their products. Just recently I ordered a seal brown A2 and got it the next day. It's a fantastic jacket. Keep up the great work. (Posted on 7/21/10)
- Excellent Review by Jonathan Glazer
- Just got the A-2 yesterday. Excellent as usual!! I think the A-2 fits me a little better in the 42 than the 40. I love the jacket already and am wearing it today. My other two G-1s that you made me got away to my two sons so I will probably be ordering another G-1 plain-no insignias in the next couple of weeks. (Posted on 7/21/10)
- Quality service Review by Bob Jacobs
- If you are interested in an authentic and quality A-2 Flight Jacket, US Authentic is the place to purchase it. I received a seal brown horsehide A-2 from US Authentic as a Christmas gift. Mr. Dover stands behind his products with quality service. Compare other A-2 jackets on the A-2 Jacket Website and see for yourself. C****r, A****x, and Sc**t do not have the quality you find with Us Authentic. (Posted on 7/21/10)
- Highest quality Review by Capt. Dick
Your jacket (A-2) IS OF THE HIGHEST QUALITY.... I just want to make it look older!!!!!
Guess Rough Wear Clothing Co. Is a bit overpriced....
(Posted on 7/21/10)
- Expertly crafted Review by Bruce Kendall
- I received my A2 today and it is a beauty, indeed. It fits well, is expertly crafted, and appears to be authentic in every detail. It is hard for me to imagine a jacket more expertly crafted than this one. Obviously, I am very pleased. You may recall that I had intended to purchase an A2 from Flight Suits but opted to buy one from you after reading the testimonials on your web site. Looking at and wearing this jacket validates all of the testimonials. I would not hesitate to recommend U.S. Authentic to anyone interested in an authentic A2. Please convey my appreciation to the individuals who worked on my jacket for their excellent craftsmanship. I look forward to doing business with you in the future. (Posted on 7/21/10)
- Rolex, BMW, and US Authenti Review by Steve Willey
- I was relatively uninformed about the authentic aspects of A-2 jackets and after much study decided to try US Authentic. I ordered a goatskin model and when it arrived was impressed at the softness and style. I may never be an expert on the various things that make an "authentic" jacket, but I do recognize quality when I see it. Rolex, BMW, and US Authentic!! (Posted on 7/21/10)
- Flawless leather Review by Byron Lang
Thanks for a wonderful jacket. I had been in the market for a substantial, quality USA made leather jacket for several weeks. I liked the style of the flight jacket and viewed many in stores and on the internet before making a decision. The store brands always seemed to have one imperfection or another. They were not of quality construction and were often manufactured of substandard materials in countries most of us are not familiar with. I found flaws with every jacket I examined.
I then came across U.S. AUTHENTIC' S website while looking for a reputable maker of flight jackets on the internet. I read the descriptions and the many letters of praise from satisfied customers around the country. I was a bit apprehensive about purchasing a jacket site unseen, but was reassured by the full refund policy. I decided to take a chance and placed an order for a horsehide A-2 jacket. In just a few days it arrived, despite being shipped during the height of the Christmas rush season.
I was very pleasantly surprised upon receiving the jacket. Although I am not an expert on A-2 jackets, I was very impressed with the workmanship and the high quality leather used in construction. All the seams lined up perfectly and the leather was flawless. It is the best leather jacket I had seen in many years, and it seemed to exude a certain nostalgia of nobler time in America. To say that I am completely satisfied would be an understatement. Thanks again for a fine jacket. (Posted on 7/21/10)
- Couldn't be more pleased Review by Kevin Hiatt
Thank you for a wonderful representation of American aviation history! I received a goatskin A-2 as a Christmas present from my wife (after I picked it out!) I couldn't be more pleased with its historical accuracy and overall quality. After a tremendous amount of research on original WWII contractor's jackets, I found U.S. Authentic to be exactly what I was looking for. From my research, I like the details of the Rough Wear original jackets and noticed the U.S. Authentic jackets bear these same details and overall look. The color is great. From the red/brown russet color of the lining to the perfect shade of deep, rich chocolate brown of the leather, it looks like it came from the Rough Wear factory in the mid 1940s. I was worried about the color being too dark or almost black like other jackets. For others with the same concerns, have no fear. From what I learned, the WWII seal brown was a slightly lighter shade of dark brown than modern jackets of the same color name because of the dying process used. This company really got it right! The medium brown goat skin looks (to me) exactly like the original 'seal brown' jackets. Definitely not the re-dyed almost black color. Further, the texture of the leather looks like the original goatskin jackets.
I'd also like to commend you on your excellent customer service. You took the time to answer all my knit-picking questions about color, fit/cut, sizing and original jacket contractors. It definitely finalized my decision to buy a U.S. Authentic jacket. In fact, my brother was so impressed with my A-2, he's ordering a G-1 from your company!
Keep up the good work and thanks for keeping the legacy alive for all us aviation junkies. (Posted on 7/21/10)
- Superb customer service Review by Ryan Doerr
- I'm sorry it has taken me so long to send in my comments. As soon as I ordered my A-2 jacket the weather turned warm for several weeks. Now that we have had some cooler days and I have had a chance to wear my jacket, I can give a much more accurate evaluation. My praise as to the jacket's authenticity won't mean much, as I am no expert in this area, however I will say that the jacket I received incorporates every design feature I have been told indicates an authentic reproduction. I can give a much better evaluation to customer service and quality. My job is in quality assurance for a major electric utility. In all of my correspondence with U.S. Authentic, getting me what I wanted was the company's only concern. I ordered an A-2 jacket and a leather squadron patch. Mr. Dover suggested that before they attached the patch to the jacket, I should probably try the jacket on to make sure the fit was right. If the jacket did not fit and it had a custom patch attached, it could not be returned. I am glad he made the suggestion. The jacket I received fit exactly the way I wanted. It was made of beautifully grained horsehide. The patch was of such high quality, I decided not to have it attached to the jacket and to incorporate it into the display of the B-17 model I am building. Everyone involved worked to make sure I got the products I wanted and I do not have a single complaint. I would recommend U.S. Authentic to anyone who is interested in the quality products and services they offer. (Posted on 7/21/10)
- Superbly handsome Review by Winn Fowler
I received my horsehide A-2 and it is superbly handsome. The quality is of the highest... each seam, stitch is perfect. The leather looks like it came from the same hide... not a fault or blemish.
For authenticity I showed it to someone I thought would know, my father-in-law Bill Miller. Bill is a 50 mission B-24 tail gunner from WWII. He said it is exactly (except for seal brown color) like the A-2 jacket he wore and brought back. He then compared it to a picture of himself and his airplane crew (the "Miss Fire") all wearing their A-2's. There was no difference between my US Authentic jacket and the one's they wore. (I now may have inspired Bill to try to retrieve his A-2 and B-2 cap he gave to his younger brother (now deceased) after the war.)
The employees of US Authentic are to be congratulated on the excellent products they produce. I recommend this company to anyone seeking highest quality, authentic leather products... at a fair, reasonable price. (Posted on 7/21/10)