- Excellent service Review by Dave Toof
Because of you Shaul, and your time with me, I will, in fact, be purchasing one of your jackets soon. Courtesy, and a bit of time with a customer is great for business, and goes a long way. I would like you to know that I appreciate that.
I'm a huge flight jacket buff, and more knowledgeable than many. I own many, and lend, and give rare items to MOFFITT AIR FIELD MUSEUM (no longer a Naval base, now owned by NASA). I have heard many good things about U.S. AUTHENTIC. When I was inquiring about a jacket from EASTMAN LEATHER, I mentioned to the lady on the phone that I was interested in U.S.AUTHENTIC also. The lady on the phone paused then replied, "Well,... they are VERY good". When your competition admits that you are good, That is a high complement. The grain in original A-2's seem to be in blotches, not all over completely, but randomly throughout the jacket. When I make a purchase from your company, If it's o.k. with you, I would like to notify you first to let you know what my plans are, and to possibly ask further questions. No need to respond to this letter, I just wanted to thank you for your time with me. (Posted on 7/21/10)
- My search is over Review by Lt. Col. Paul R. Jones
I have collected U.S. military flight jackets for nearly 40 years. I've been in search of the 'perfect' A-2 all these years, but was always disappointed with some or all aspects of jackets I purchased from other outlets. I took a chance on your horsehide A-2 based on the color photo in your online catalogue. My search is over. Your horsehide A-2 arrived today and it is perfect. A close inspection shows that the leather is strong but not too heavy and the color is absolutely perfect- a light tan brown (many other companies us a leather dyed so dark that their jackets look black) and the details are first class. The overall stitching is correct, properly spaced on the seams, 3 to 5 stitches per inch. The collar has the extra strip of supporting leather which keeps it standing up. Many other A-2s do not have this reinforcement and after a few years of wear and aging, the collar lies flat and limp. Your hanging loop is not only stitched through the lining and attached to the back of the jacket as it should be, but is boxed stitched as well. The epaulets are cut straight. Many people desire thin epaulets but personally, I like the wider epaulets as long as the spacing between the box stitches allows for a noticeable underneath. I can get 4 fingers underneath. Likewise, your shoulder box stitching does not go outside the edge stitching. The snaps are either original WW2 stock or they are a perfect match. Additionally, your jacket is very reasonably priced. It is nearly $200.00 lower than Eastman's A-2. I rate this as the best A-2 I've owned. Thanks for producing a handsome, true to standard flight jacket. Well done!
cc: I discovered three more points of accuracy in your jacket (I missed them yesterday because I was so exited over the jacket). The extra spacing between the male side of the front zipper and the leather: other companies try to make the zipper look even on both sides, but this results in the male side of the zipper binding; yours is correct. The flaps on the front pockets covered the top squared off stitching on each of the top sides of the pockets. Other manufacturers either do not reinforce the edges or use a triangular stitch (this is okay- mass production of goatskin and steer hide jackets were done this way later in the war, but yours is more authentic). Also, your jacket appears to be veg dyed instead of drum dyed as WW2 jackets were done. I'm looking forward to seeing how this jacket ages and wears as a result. Again, GREAT job, I'm thrilled and can't wait for cold weather. (Posted on 7/21/10)
- Quality is exceptional Review by Adrian Waiblinger
- I received my A2-Jacket today and this jacket has lived up to its name. The quality is exceptional and I'm very happy with it, quite a few friends at work have never seen such a jacket and also were quite impressed. thanks for your good service. (Posted on 7/21/10)
- Excellent quality of product and service Review by Steve Roth
- Well, you delivered as promised! The lady's A-2 you cut fits perfectly in all respects. We are both very satisfied with the fit and quality of the jacket. I returned my 44L for a 44R and now the fit is perfect also. Thanks so much for the quality of the product and the excellent quality of your service and personal attention. I will recommend you as the place for A-2's. (Posted on 7/21/10)
- Most pleasant online shopping experience Review by Emil A. Inglesias
- Initially, I was very apprehensive about buying my A-2 Russet Horsehide online, but 1 phone call later after speaking to the U S AUTHENTIC, I was very pleased with the personal assistance and the attention to detail and authenticity. Overall, the most pleasant online shopping experience I have had to date. I love the jacket and look forward to enjoying it's beauty and craftsmanship for years to come. (Posted on 7/21/10)
- I am very happy Review by Jim "Doc" Docherty
ORDERED MY A-2 JACKET ON TUES. AND RECEIVED IT ON THURS. YOU WERE RIGHT ON THE SIZE! I AM VERY HAPPY WITH IT, IT REPLACED ONE THAT I LOST FROM MY KOREAN WAR DAY'S AND WAS VERY GLAD TO REPLACE IT, THANK YOU AGAIN FOR YOUR TIME AND PATIENCE WITH ME.
JIM "DOC" DOCHERTY FORMER USS PHILIPPINE CV-47 CREW MEMBER, THE GALLOPING GHOST OF THE KOREAN COAST (Posted on 7/21/10)
- Absolutely perfect Review by Matthew P. Zahradka
- I wanted to let you know that I received my A2 jacket this afternoon. Thank you for a well made garment. I have a limited edition Cooper A2 (russet) that was made for the 8th Air Force museum, and yours is better in my opinion due to the snap closures as well as the weight of the hide. The fit on the jacket is perfect! Thanks again. (Posted on 7/21/10)
- Great service and superb quality Review by Richard Watson
I ordered an A-2 jacket in seal brown horsehide on Monday and had it in hand on Wednesday. It is a wonderful jacket in both looks and quality and I couldn't be happier with it. It fits just right and the patches I had you put on really add a note of authenticity. My brother spent 33 years in service starting out in the Army Air Corps and then the Air Force and the patches I decided on were some that he
might have chosen. Thanks for the great service and superb quality. (Posted on 7/21/10)
- The closest you can get to an original jacket Review by T. McNamara
I have studied and collected USAAF flying gear for many years, I own B15s,A-2s,B10s, caps, shirts and boots. I own as many historical publications on the subject as are available and have even been consulted by museums to grade their collections. The A-2 I received from U S Authentic is, quite simply, the closest most people will ever get to an original jacket. The quality and matching of the hides
is exceptional, and the overall feel and appearance of the A-2 is pure nostalgia.
This is one fine garment, thanks. (Posted on 7/21/10)
- True to original, from a student of history Review by Dan Bradley
- I just wanted to drop a quick note regarding my recent experience with purchasing an A-2 jacket from US Authentic. I have always been a student of history and attend my share of events (from Civil War to WWII). I started to research A-2 jackets to find a quality and true to original copy. After corresponding and reviewing multiple sources I found US Authentic on the internet. I called their offices and spoke with Dover, owner and expert consultant. Dover invited me to his offices to see his products and facilities. I tried on several jackets and decided to go with the russet A-2. Dover made me a jacket (shortened the sleeves to perfection) about which I have received many compliments and questions in the short time that I have owned it. I look forward a long relationship with this authentic jacket. Thanks again for your help and quality product. (Posted on 7/21/10)