- Very happy Review by B.W.
- My horsehide A-2 came in the other day and I am very pleased with it, very nice jacket. The first one I ordered was too large (my mistake). US Authentic sent me the right size the next day very happy with the jacket and the service I got from them. (Posted on 7/21/10)
- Can't say enough about the quality of this perfect jacket Review by Randall Nichols
Wow! It's beautiful! I'm talking about my A-2 from U.S. Authentic that I just received via 2-day UPS. Perfect fit. And I can't say enough about the quality of the horsehide leather. Its grain is superb and the weight is very substantial, yet not too stiff for comfort. The stitching is impeccable.
This is my second A-2. My first A-2 "bomber" jacket was a poor, "distressed leather" imitation, bought from a department store. This time, I researched carefully for several months all the so-called authentic manufacturers. I also studied the excellent web site: The Type A-2 Flight Jacket Web Page to become knowledgeable about the history and details of the A-2. After all that, here's how I see it. Point for point, detail for detail your A-2 is authentic as close as they come to the original.
I could have paid twice as much for an A-2 from your competition -- but why throw away money when U.S. Authentic quality and detail are accurate right down to the stitch per inch!? Made here in the USA is something I also like about U.S. Authentic. I mean, what's "authentic" about an A-2 made in New Zealand, Japan or Great Britain?
In this age of disposable consumer products, it's not often that I buy a something that completely meets my expectations for value. Your product does. In fact, it exceeded my expectations.
Thank you for a most pleasurable buying experience. (Posted on 7/21/10)
- Lovely leather Review by Caroline Pelham-Lane
Your jacket is a great success! It fits very well: that is to say it fits and has enough room, and is also VERY flattering: if I didn't know there was a bit of spare Julian in there, I wouldn't know. Julian looks super in it and has taken to looking in passing shop windows at his reflection whilst wearing it!! (Well not really, but he is very pleased!) The leather is a lovely texture & a really good color and he is very happy with the pockets you put for him on the inside.
You might be interested to know that delivery was so prompt that I had to hide the box for nearly a fortnight before his birthday. Many, many thanks. (Posted on 7/21/10)
- Far superior to any other A2 jacket Review by Julian A. Lloyd
First of all, many thanks for the superb custom A2 russet horsehide jacket you made for my wife to give to me for my 40th Birthday on 12th March. It got here to the UK in time for my birthday, and I wore it for the first time to go out to lunch with my wife. I'm absolutely delighted with it, the fit and finish is excellent, and the inside pockets are just right for my wallet and mobile phone. It's far superior in quality to any A2 jacket that I've seen over here in the UK, and although of course it's not cheap it seems very good value indeed to me, and certainly not more expensive than some of the less painstakingly authentic items that I've seen here.
I do have one question, though. Is it usual in the USA for the moving pull-up sliding part of the zipper to be on the right hand side of the jacket? Here in England it would always be on the left side, so I'm a little clumsy fastening it up at present, as over here we're used to holding the bottom of the jacket with the right hand and pulling up with the left. Just a question of getting used to it I suppose! The main thing, though, is that it looks great (I'm sure it will be better still with a bit of wear) and is just what I wanted. Thanks very much indeed. (Posted on 7/21/10)
- Jacket keeps getting better Review by Mike Pope Burleson
I received my Goatskin A-2 jacket yesterday, UPS made good time. The jacket is great. I really appreciate your patience and great customer service. Before ordering this jacket as I mentioned to you, I got very interested in the A-2 after visiting some of the websites. It has become somewhat of a hobby now, I have even purchased one of the books written on the A-2. As far as I can tell, this jacket holds very true with the original A-2's, of course I am no expert, but the color of the lining, collar stand and collar, epaulet widths, pockets positioned further toward the back, and the snaps appear to be true to the originals. I think my next purchase from you will be the horsehide A-2 next year probably. Thanks Again.
(second email couple of months later)
I couldn't tell you how or why, but this Goatskin A-2 I purchased from you just keeps getting better looking and better looking the more I wear it. Ha...just came to me, must be the quality. Great jacket. Thanks. (Posted on 7/21/10)
- Beautiful Review by Ken Karhuse
- Just received the custom A-2 jacket in horsehide vintage brown you made for me. What a beauty! The best. (Posted on 7/21/10)
- Worn with pride Review by Robert H. Anderson
- Many of my friends in aviation (DOTD) have A-2 jackets and I have wanted one now for 3 years. I received one for Christmas from my wife. The first cold morning I wore it to C.C.'s, a local coffee house. There set a group of men, that I didn't even know, having coffee and they all turned and spoke to me,..."Hi...how ya doing?". I have to tell you a sense of pride came upon me. Every where I went that day ,people that I didn't even know, spoke. I felt like I was representing the men who fought for our country and the freedom that we have today in America. I would proudly stand and defend our great country as our forefathers did in WWI and WWII. I wear my A-2 with pride. (Posted on 7/21/10)
- Outstanding Review by Robert C. Eddy
- I ordered my A-2 horsehide by telephone Sunday night and received the jacket on Thursday. Pretty impressive. The jacket is outstanding. The staff at U.S. Authentic is also very helpful. (Posted on 7/21/10)
- Fits like a glove Review by Manfred Rahmsdorf
- The jacket I ordered from you came today and it fits like a glove! Really a good piece - the comments of your customers on your homepage were true. Good chance to get myself another jacket for colder days possibly soon. (Posted on 7/21/10)
- Quality is outstanding Review by Todd Escandon
- I want to thank you for the fine customer service that you provided to me. I ordered a Horsehide A2 and received it promptly. The quality of the jacket is outstanding and the fit is perfect. However I changed my mind and decided I would prefer the Goatskin A2. I contacted US Authentic and talked to one of your very courteous people who helped me out. I returned the jacket and very promptly received the Goatskin jacket. I am very happy with the new jacket, it is perfect in every way. It is refreshing to deal with a company such as yours. Thanks again. (Posted on 7/21/10)