- GREAT A-2!!! Review by Cap'n Rick
- The U.S. Authentic horsehide A-2 was an amazing piece of workmanship! Thick, heavy seal brown horsehide leather, repro Talon zipper, collar stand, luxurious soft brown cotton lining, all in all a fantastic jacket that is built like a tank and should last a lifetime! (Posted on 11/23/2011)
- I am pleased... Review by Bert
I have been searching for an US made horsehide A2 jacket for a while. After worrying about getting the wrong size I made my order in flightjacket.com. The shipment is super fast (I wonder if the shipment can be a bit slow to save on postage). I am happy with the purchase. Only one thing is the material is not mentioned in the jacket. Have I missed a tag somewhere.
Highly recommended. (Posted on 11/8/2011)
- Outstanding Review by Bill
- I've owned the horsehide A-2 jacket for three years and it's just wonderful and looks great. I cannot recommend highly enough this product to anyone whose looking for an authentic A-2 . Thanks again for a great product, Bill (Posted on 11/7/2011)
- 2nd purchase Review by Tim
I recently purchased a second goatskin A2 from US Authentic. It was delivered in record time.
My original jacket is almost 10 years old. It has proven to be of excellent quality. After all this time there are no problems such as unraveling threads or excessive wear.
The replacement seems to be of the same high quality. It is constructed of very nice hides and is very skillfully made.
Kudos to Shaul and his employees for providing a great product.
(Posted on 10/20/2011)
- Perfect A2 Review by chan
- Great craftsmanship! Beautifully made! Hats off to the craftsmen who made these jackets. (Posted on 10/15/2011)
- Fantastic Jacket! Review by Casey
- Just received my horsehide custom A2 a few days ago and have hardly taken it off. Well constructed and very high quality. I'm looking forward to many years of enjoyment with this jacket. Customer service was great, with very quick turn-around. (Posted on 9/20/2011)
- Solid Dependable Construction Review by Lando
I own a lot of flight jackets. I've tried a lot of different brands and found things I like and dislike in them all. US Authentic makes a very solid A2 built to be used and abused for years to come. The horsehide is a heavy leather that you don't have to worry about because it can take just about anything you can throw at it. Some people have complained about the fit but I don't understand why. My A2 fit close to the body without being constrictive, which is what I was looking for. Also, the sleeves are a bit longer so that every time you put your arms up, you don't have to worry about having the sleeves fly up to your elbows.
In short, this is the A2 I would take on any adventure. I own a Lost Worlds A2 which cost twice as much and if I had know about US Authentic then, I would have saved the money on the Lost Worlds and just bought an A2 here. These are jackets made tough to wear through the rigors of life. Thanks Mr. Dover, you will be seeing my business again. (Posted on 3/1/2011)
- Great!! Review by John
The A2 that I ordered is almost like the one my father had in WWII. The difference is the spec number. But the spec number of the ordered jacket is one that was used during WWII
Great jacket (Posted on 1/26/2011)
- A great value for money Review by Caleb
I spent a great deal of time cruising catalogues, aviation shops online, and even department stores looking for an accurate A2 replica. I checked a number of websites that gave a detailed description of the original A2 and realized that most of the so called "A2" of most manufacturers would just be a very poor copy. There were only a handful of dealers which had a decent A2 replica, US Authentic being one at the top of my list.
After 2 years of eye-ing the jackets of US Authentic, I finally took the plunge and bought a horsehide A2. Overall, I am quite pleased, the jacket is made of nice heavy leather and the color has a rich deep tone. I like the details like the knit cuffs, the soft cotton lining, and even the stamps & labels on the inside. Most of all, I love the wonderful smell of the fresh leather!
A few small complaints, the left sleeve was half an inch longer, but I was able to have it taken in by my local tailor. I'd encourage US Authentic to check over their jackets for little faults like that before they ship. Secondly, it seems that the front is a bit longer than what's needed, making the zipper curl a bit more than comfortable when I sit down.
All told though, I'm satisfied with my purchase, it's a sturdy, sharp looking, affordable jacket and I may very well be a repeat customer in future years. (Posted on 1/13/2011)
- awesome Review by Steve
- Very very impressed with my A2; I guess I could have spent more but I don't see how I could have gotten better quality. Lots of compliments on how it looks. Highly recommended! (Posted on 12/16/2010)