- Great!! Review by John
The A2 that I ordered is almost like the one my father had in WWII. The difference is the spec number. But the spec number of the ordered jacket is one that was used during WWII
Great jacket (Posted on 1/26/2011)
- A great value for money Review by Caleb
I spent a great deal of time cruising catalogues, aviation shops online, and even department stores looking for an accurate A2 replica. I checked a number of websites that gave a detailed description of the original A2 and realized that most of the so called "A2" of most manufacturers would just be a very poor copy. There were only a handful of dealers which had a decent A2 replica, US Authentic being one at the top of my list.
After 2 years of eye-ing the jackets of US Authentic, I finally took the plunge and bought a horsehide A2. Overall, I am quite pleased, the jacket is made of nice heavy leather and the color has a rich deep tone. I like the details like the knit cuffs, the soft cotton lining, and even the stamps & labels on the inside. Most of all, I love the wonderful smell of the fresh leather!
A few small complaints, the left sleeve was half an inch longer, but I was able to have it taken in by my local tailor. I'd encourage US Authentic to check over their jackets for little faults like that before they ship. Secondly, it seems that the front is a bit longer than what's needed, making the zipper curl a bit more than comfortable when I sit down.
All told though, I'm satisfied with my purchase, it's a sturdy, sharp looking, affordable jacket and I may very well be a repeat customer in future years. (Posted on 1/13/2011)
- awesome Review by Steve
- Very very impressed with my A2; I guess I could have spent more but I don't see how I could have gotten better quality. Lots of compliments on how it looks. Highly recommended! (Posted on 12/16/2010)
- True to original Review by Sam
- Quality, workmanship, and adherence to original Mil Spec is excellent. An added plus of being crafted right here in the USA, in the state where a large number of the originals were contracted, is plenty of enough reason I just ordered my second A-2.. One in Goatskin and one in Horsehide. A superior product. Don't be fooled into paying more. It's all here, it's all real. (Posted on 12/11/2010)
- A Beautiful and Historic Work of Art Review by Robert
I ordered and received my A2 horsehide russet recently and it is absolutely beautiful. I wanted to replicate the original A2 jacket that my relative wore during WWII in Italy as a P-38 pilot. I requested hand painted custom work for the squadron patch and shoulder patches, nametag and lining and sent photos from original patches for them to copy.
I am impressed with the accuracy of the hand painted patches and the results of the size, proper positioning, and the sewing stitches as well as the beautiful russet color and the great fit.
Those that worked on my jacket are to be commended for a superb job and outstanding craftsmanship. Within a week, I received no less than a dozen compliments on the jacket from men and women alike who were curious about the historical significance. This jacket is not only a tribute to my relative, but to all of the men and women who served in the military and fought not only in WWII but the wars and conflicts since and I will wear it with pride.
Thank you Mr. Dover for producing such a quality product. (Posted on 12/9/2010)
- 6 Years with an A2 Review by Tony Ryan
- I bought my A2 in horse whilst visiting the US in 2004;Shaul was good enough to have it delivered to my hotel in Boston.I wear the jacket on a regular basis in the UK and no item of clothing I have ever owned has given me as much satisfaction.The horsehide is now starting to look really great rather than just great and it is reassuring to know that it will outlast my hifi,car probably my house and certainly me.Best wishes to all at the business.Tony (Posted on 11/30/2010)
- Very nice details. Review by Dan Montgomery
- I am pleasantly surprised with the prompt service and attention to detail. The medium brown goatskin turned out to be closer to seal brown but no matter. I'll be giving this jacket to my father in law for Christmas and I'm sure he'll enjoy it immensely. He was a B-29 navigator and still wears his in service size! (Posted on 11/23/2010)
- Great Jacket Review by Mac
Received my A-2 and love it. Great fit and style and just what I wanted. Like another purchaser I was a little surprised at the zipper as I feel it should be slightly larger, unless this was what was originally spec'd when the jacket was first issued.
Thanks again for a great product which is MADE IN THE USA and not China (Posted on 11/23/2010)
- The only thing better.... is an original Review by Kevin C
The A-2 Flying Jacket produced by U.S. Authentic is the single finest A-2 jacket reproduction out there, from the correct use of materials, proper cutting, stitch patterns, coloring and fit, to the great low prices for them and top-notch service and delivery. U.S. Authentic really has a winner here,
Upon my jacket's delivery, I carefully compared it with my original 1942 A-2 jacket, I treated the comparison with near surgical precision, carefully taking into account materials, stitch patterns, weaving, zipper construction, materials, and manufacturing name, the snaps, snap appearance and sturdiness, the collar clasp design, placement and layout, the wool cuffs and waist band, pocket design, cut and stitch layout, epaulets' width, placement, stitching, and patterns, as well as the collar angling, stitch positioning, length and rear seam. I also took precise measurements of the rear single piece back panel and two piece arm design and the stitch placement along the arm seam. The cotton lining is identical in weaving, and stitching, also taking into account the Army Airforce emblem and inspector stamp.
All together, the U.S. Authentic A-2 reproduction flying jacket is identical to the original jacket of 70 years ago, every bit, if not better, than the repros sold on other sites, and at a far better price, at first it seemed too good to be true, I figured it would be a semi-accurate A-2 knock-off, I'm glad to say that I was proven completely wrong in every way. This A-2 will be with me at all my airshows and in everyday use for decades and decades to come, this is one of those things you hand down to your children and grandchildren, it's really that good.
If you're looking for a solid, 100% historically accurate reproduction A-2 jacket and don't want to spend $1500 on an original, the U.S. Authentic A-2 is the finest out there, only repros of EQUAL QUALITY that sell for DOUBLE the price on other sites.
(Posted on 11/20/2010)
- Awesome jacket!! Review by Loren Swensen (May 2008)
- I got my horsehide russet yesterday and just wanted to say it is most awesome! Even over the Memorial Day weekend I recieved my jacket in 7 days! ( paying by money order!) The fit is perfect- the workmanship is flawless! Thank you for sewing on the 1st LT. bars at no charge. This is the jacket i've always been searching for! Thank you again, Loren Swensen Mogadore Ohio (Posted on 8/2/2010)