- 6 Years with an A2 Review by Tony Ryan
- I bought my A2 in horse whilst visiting the US in 2004;Shaul was good enough to have it delivered to my hotel in Boston.I wear the jacket on a regular basis in the UK and no item of clothing I have ever owned has given me as much satisfaction.The horsehide is now starting to look really great rather than just great and it is reassuring to know that it will outlast my hifi,car probably my house and certainly me.Best wishes to all at the business.Tony (Posted on 11/30/2010)
- Very nice details. Review by Dan Montgomery
- I am pleasantly surprised with the prompt service and attention to detail. The medium brown goatskin turned out to be closer to seal brown but no matter. I'll be giving this jacket to my father in law for Christmas and I'm sure he'll enjoy it immensely. He was a B-29 navigator and still wears his in service size! (Posted on 11/23/2010)
- Great Jacket Review by Mac
Received my A-2 and love it. Great fit and style and just what I wanted. Like another purchaser I was a little surprised at the zipper as I feel it should be slightly larger, unless this was what was originally spec'd when the jacket was first issued.
Thanks again for a great product which is MADE IN THE USA and not China (Posted on 11/23/2010)
- The only thing better.... is an original Review by Kevin C
The A-2 Flying Jacket produced by U.S. Authentic is the single finest A-2 jacket reproduction out there, from the correct use of materials, proper cutting, stitch patterns, coloring and fit, to the great low prices for them and top-notch service and delivery. U.S. Authentic really has a winner here,
Upon my jacket's delivery, I carefully compared it with my original 1942 A-2 jacket, I treated the comparison with near surgical precision, carefully taking into account materials, stitch patterns, weaving, zipper construction, materials, and manufacturing name, the snaps, snap appearance and sturdiness, the collar clasp design, placement and layout, the wool cuffs and waist band, pocket design, cut and stitch layout, epaulets' width, placement, stitching, and patterns, as well as the collar angling, stitch positioning, length and rear seam. I also took precise measurements of the rear single piece back panel and two piece arm design and the stitch placement along the arm seam. The cotton lining is identical in weaving, and stitching, also taking into account the Army Airforce emblem and inspector stamp.
All together, the U.S. Authentic A-2 reproduction flying jacket is identical to the original jacket of 70 years ago, every bit, if not better, than the repros sold on other sites, and at a far better price, at first it seemed too good to be true, I figured it would be a semi-accurate A-2 knock-off, I'm glad to say that I was proven completely wrong in every way. This A-2 will be with me at all my airshows and in everyday use for decades and decades to come, this is one of those things you hand down to your children and grandchildren, it's really that good.
If you're looking for a solid, 100% historically accurate reproduction A-2 jacket and don't want to spend $1500 on an original, the U.S. Authentic A-2 is the finest out there, only repros of EQUAL QUALITY that sell for DOUBLE the price on other sites.
(Posted on 11/20/2010)
- Awesome jacket!! Review by Loren Swensen (May 2008)
- I got my horsehide russet yesterday and just wanted to say it is most awesome! Even over the Memorial Day weekend I recieved my jacket in 7 days! ( paying by money order!) The fit is perfect- the workmanship is flawless! Thank you for sewing on the 1st LT. bars at no charge. This is the jacket i've always been searching for! Thank you again, Loren Swensen Mogadore Ohio (Posted on 8/2/2010)
- I am delighted! Review by Antonio Bricio (April 2008)
I had not had the chance to write to you to acknowledge and THANK the SUPERB service and quality of your jacket.
I received my A-2 jacket via UPS on time and very diligently.
I am delighted with my purchase and intend to order something more in the near future, as well as to recommend my friends about your products.
Thank you very much.
(Posted on 8/2/2010)
- Details are spot on Review by Steve Hildner (February 2008)
I just received my Goatskin A-2, and I am very pleased! I ordered the jacket Wednesday and received it on Firday, great service. I'm very pleased with the fit, and how the jacket hangs on the body. Knowing that A-2s are form fitted, I ordered one size larger than I would normally wear.
I purchased the A-2 to supplement the G-1 I was issued in the Marine Corps. The Goatskin is beautiful, supple, and just the right thickness. The details are spot on, and the collar looks great either down or up.
Unfortunatley for my G-1, which is in desperate need of cuffs and new waisteband (10 years in the cockpit and 8 years as a civilian), will now be the "dash two" to my new A-2!
Thanks Again and keep up the fine work!
Steve Hildner Maj USMCR
(Posted on 8/2/2010)
- Incredible attention to authenticity Review by John Gherardini (January 2008)
- I was so impressed with not only the quality, but the attention to authenticity! I originally purchased a B-3 and soon after purchased an A-2 in seal brown horsehide....WOW! I will be sending my A-2 back for a full back nose art painting and hand painted patches and I can only assume that the quality of artwork will equal that of the jacket. I will also be ordering an additional A-2 for everyday use....your A-2 is really that great! By the way, trust Shaul with his suggestions on sizing. Thanks so much (Posted on 8/2/2010)
- Extremely pleased Review by Robert Johnson (November 2007)
I just received my flight jacket that you repaired and I cannot believe it. I am extremely pleased. I wish I had known about your company 15 years ago. I would have never bought my A-2 jacket from Eastman. Your product is better and your prices are much more reasonable.
The quality and feel of the lining and the cuffs and waistband are much better and more like the original. I was really shocked. I think they will hold up much better than the original due to fact that they just have a better feel.
When Iâ€™m able to buy another jacket, I guarantee it will be from your company.
Thank you again.
(Posted on 8/2/2010)
- Well worth the money!!! Review by Scott Zimmerman (February 2007)
My name is Scott Zimmerman and I recently ordered an A-2 from your company. Happier about making my order- I could not be! Incredible quality and WELL worth the money spent! I am so impressed with my jacket and the only regret I have is that I wish I had "customized" it before I got it. I am so impressed with my jacket and plan to order another one for my father and one next year for me (a different style- B-3 or B-6). Thank you so much.
(Posted on 8/2/2010)