- PHENOMENAL PRODUCT AND SERVICE! Review by FRANCO
Purchased an A-2 in horsehide seal brown from this company after much time spent researching the web for a quality A-2 Leather Flight Jacket. I have one which has lasted me over 20 years but got a wee bit tight so I figured it was time for a new one. I couldn't believe what some manufacturers were asking for A-2's. The average price was over $1000!!!! Then I found FlightJacket.com and US Authentic MFG Company. Prices seemed reasonable and they had exactly what I was looking for so I rolled the dice and took a chance on their jacket being enough of a quality product to suit me.
First off I couldn't believe the speed with which they responded and shipped my A-2. And I knew I hit the jackpot when I opened the box and saw the most beautiful A-2 Jacket I have ever seen! It is perfect in ever detail. The leather is a heavier more robust horsehide than my old one and weighs more also. The quality of the stitching and seams is absolutely first rate. The lining is very authentic looking and comfortable cotton.
I ordered a 46R up from my old 44R. The fit was perfect except for the sleeves which were a bit too long so I sent it back to have the sleeves shortened by 2 inches. From the time I shipped the A-2 to the company till I got it back was less than a week! Plus I had them add a name tag and a custom lining. Unbelievable service and quality of workmanship. And all this at half the price I would of paid with other manufacturers. I'll stack this A-2 up against any other A-2 on the market.
I also sent my old A-2 Jacket to US Authentic to have some patches sewn on and again incredibly fast and reliable service. I'll save this one for when my grandson is old enough to wear it.
I can't sing the praises of US Authentic MFG Company and Shaul for their prompt courteous and professional service loud enough. This A-2 will last me the rest of my life. And I intend to purchase more items from this company in the future.
Outstanding product and well done! (Posted on 1/20/15)
- Great experience! Review by Mark
- Received my russet horsehide A-2 in 2 days! It is a beautiful jacket and Shaul was right on with sizing. The only other leather jacket I've owned was goat skin so the stiffness of horse hide is quite different. I'm wearing it every second to get it broken in. Thanks. (Posted on 1/19/15)
- Absolutely superb product Review by Col TMH
- As a retired UN Army Colonel well familiar with the A2 Mil Spec I want to congratulate Shaul and his outstanding staff for delivering a jacket of peerless quality. The materials, craftmanship and customer service were all equally top notch. I have purchased several leather jackets through the years and none can hold a candle to the one Shaul delivered. I asked for a specific customization and they delivered exactly as prescribed and more astonishingly on-time. I hope some day to visit Shaul's shop and personally thank him and buy another jacket. You get what you pay for in America. When you buy a Flight Jacket from Shaul you will get every bit of the quality you paid for and the craftmanship you only dream of. (Posted on 1/16/15)
- Just right Review by Jack from NC
Item just EXACTLY as advertised to the last detail, and that's not so common these days. Goatskin was wonderfully supple right out of the box, and fit was spot on. I can't possibly see how the competitors' $1000 and over repro A-2s can be any better.
Shipped fast, too. (Posted on 12/30/14)
- Excellent Review by NCJack
Exactly as advertised (as so few things are these days). First class construction, fit is spot on, and it shipped really fast.
I got the goatskin, and it's very supple right out of the box. (Posted on 12/21/14)
- An excellent piece of history Review by Kristie
- We ordered this jacket for my grandfather with nose art hand painted on the back. It is a piece of history and a wonderful gift. Thank you for your unique and thorough craftsmanship. (Posted on 12/16/14)
- Seal Horsehide A-2 Review by John
- I purchased this jacket from its original owner, who apparently bought it and never wore it! The jacket came to me as if it had never even been tried on - the horsehide completely fresh and needing to be broken in. I haven't taken it off! What an amazing jacket. I had been researching the different reproductions extensively and decided I would go after one of these based on all of the great reviews. I made the right choice. Everything is perfect. The cotton thread, cotton liner, wool knits, great great great fit!! Can't say that enough. Awesome hardware too. I suspect I will be wearing this jacket for the rest of my life. Just emailed Shaul to order an A-1!! (Posted on 11/9/14)
- Exactly what I wanted Review by James
- Highly recommend U.S. Authentic. You'll read how Shaul is extremely responsive to messages and helpful with sizing and other recommendations in other reviews. That was true for me as well, but in addition to that I now have a custom flight jacket that was created exactly how I requested, and straight out of the box it is clear that this jacket is very well-made and will last a long, long time. Thanks again to Shaul and his excellent staff for a well-made, good looking, custom-made A2 that didn't cost a $1000. (Posted on 11/6/14)
- Perfect Fit! Review by Digger
- I just received your A-2 goatskin medium brown jacket and couldn't be happier. There was no guess work in sizing. I ordered my 46R suit size and the fit is spot on. Earlier I had ordered and returned an A-2 from a competitor. Using their size conversion chart I had opted for an XL (46 to48). The shoulders were too large and the torso and sleeves way too long. Thanks! (Posted on 10/25/14)
- Beautiful Jacket! Review by Joe
- I had ordered a russett horsehide A2 jacket size 44R and it arrived in 4 days. The quality of the jacket is obvious--very well built! This is definitely not a "mall jacket". Unfortunately i had to return it for a refund as i ordered a size to small and am now waiting to lose more weight before ordering the proper size. ---Joe (Posted on 9/19/14)