- Most pleasant online shopping experience Review by Emil A. Inglesias
- Initially, I was very apprehensive about buying my A-2 Russet Horsehide online, but 1 phone call later after speaking to the U S AUTHENTIC, I was very pleased with the personal assistance and the attention to detail and authenticity. Overall, the most pleasant online shopping experience I have had to date. I love the jacket and look forward to enjoying it's beauty and craftsmanship for years to come. (Posted on 7/21/10)
- I am very happy Review by Jim "Doc" Docherty
ORDERED MY A-2 JACKET ON TUES. AND RECEIVED IT ON THURS. YOU WERE RIGHT ON THE SIZE! I AM VERY HAPPY WITH IT, IT REPLACED ONE THAT I LOST FROM MY KOREAN WAR DAY'S AND WAS VERY GLAD TO REPLACE IT, THANK YOU AGAIN FOR YOUR TIME AND PATIENCE WITH ME.
JIM "DOC" DOCHERTY FORMER USS PHILIPPINE CV-47 CREW MEMBER, THE GALLOPING GHOST OF THE KOREAN COAST (Posted on 7/21/10)
- Absolutely perfect Review by Matthew P. Zahradka
- I wanted to let you know that I received my A2 jacket this afternoon. Thank you for a well made garment. I have a limited edition Cooper A2 (russet) that was made for the 8th Air Force museum, and yours is better in my opinion due to the snap closures as well as the weight of the hide. The fit on the jacket is perfect! Thanks again. (Posted on 7/21/10)
- Great service and superb quality Review by Richard Watson
I ordered an A-2 jacket in seal brown horsehide on Monday and had it in hand on Wednesday. It is a wonderful jacket in both looks and quality and I couldn't be happier with it. It fits just right and the patches I had you put on really add a note of authenticity. My brother spent 33 years in service starting out in the Army Air Corps and then the Air Force and the patches I decided on were some that he
might have chosen. Thanks for the great service and superb quality. (Posted on 7/21/10)
- The closest you can get to an original jacket Review by T. McNamara
I have studied and collected USAAF flying gear for many years, I own B15s,A-2s,B10s, caps, shirts and boots. I own as many historical publications on the subject as are available and have even been consulted by museums to grade their collections. The A-2 I received from U S Authentic is, quite simply, the closest most people will ever get to an original jacket. The quality and matching of the hides
is exceptional, and the overall feel and appearance of the A-2 is pure nostalgia.
This is one fine garment, thanks. (Posted on 7/21/10)
- True to original, from a student of history Review by Dan Bradley
- I just wanted to drop a quick note regarding my recent experience with purchasing an A-2 jacket from US Authentic. I have always been a student of history and attend my share of events (from Civil War to WWII). I started to research A-2 jackets to find a quality and true to original copy. After corresponding and reviewing multiple sources I found US Authentic on the internet. I called their offices and spoke with Dover, owner and expert consultant. Dover invited me to his offices to see his products and facilities. I tried on several jackets and decided to go with the russet A-2. Dover made me a jacket (shortened the sleeves to perfection) about which I have received many compliments and questions in the short time that I have owned it. I look forward a long relationship with this authentic jacket. Thanks again for your help and quality product. (Posted on 7/21/10)
- Exactly what I was looking for Review by Jon Sheriff
I received my russet horsehide A-2 jacket today and I must say that I am very impressed! The weight of the hide is impressive, the stitches run straight and at even distance from the seams, all in all an excellent product. I was skeptical about buying a new A-2; I had previously had one made by A***** and C*****, but they just didn't cut it when it came to quality. I'm certainly glad that I took a chance with US Authentic because the garment I have now is exactly what I was looking for.
Keep up the great work. (Posted on 7/21/10)
- Name tag Review by Jeffrey Hunt
- In a research for the placement of the name tag I found that its 7 1/2" above the pocket and 1 1/2" from the Zipper top stitch. (Posted on 7/21/10)
- True to the original Review by Glen Nakata
I received my Russet Horsehide A-2 jacket last week and I have to tell you I am very pleased with it. The quality is first rate and the look is true to the original. I just have 2 comments:
1) The epaulets are a bit wide versus original A-2's. The original A-2's I have seen have epaulets that are 1 1/2 inches wide. The ones on my jacket are 2 inches wide. (please note that current epaulets size is 1 7/8" wide at the sleeve side tapering down to 1 5/8" at the neck side.. us authentic)
2) The AN stamp inside the jacket is in red ink. Original A-2's had the AN stamp done in black ink. Also the "A" and "N" should be part of the circle, not enclosed in it. If you'd like, I'd be more than happy to fax you a picture of an original stamp for your files. These are very minor issues with what I would call a first class reproduction of the A-2. I've already convinced a few of my friends to order jackets from you. Your company offers an amazing jacket for the price. I will doing everything I can to let people know about your company and its products.
Thanks!!!!Glen Nakata (Posted on 7/21/10)
- Impeccable leather Review by J.W.
- I have spent most of my life in one type of flight jacket on another. I started a company so that I could get better products and give the public the benefit of my years of searching for the perfect A2. I have owned cheap ones, expensive ones (Eastman), and many in between (McCoy). During this time I found that it wasn't the 8 to 11 stitches per inch or the five piece cut of the leather that was important. I think what mattered to me the most was the leather itself. Having worked on many of the original A2's repairing and restoring them I found that the texture and feel of the leather was not being duplicated in the newer copies of the originals. When I first read your ad I though here we go again! It is probably a spin-off of Clymans AVIREX or another of the good but not perfect copies. Well I was wrong. When the jacket arrived I found the quality and workmanship to be excellent. The leather is the most outstanding part of the jacket...You have actually captured the feel of the W.W.II jackets. The color and texture of the smooth horsehide is almost perfect. When I hold your jacket next to an original it is possible to see what the jacket may have looked like new! So from the owner of many A2's thank you for making a superb jacket and I fully plan to wear hell out of it. (Posted on 7/21/10)