- 2nd purchase Review by Tim
I recently purchased a second goatskin A2 from US Authentic. It was delivered in record time.
My original jacket is almost 10 years old. It has proven to be of excellent quality. After all this time there are no problems such as unraveling threads or excessive wear.
The replacement seems to be of the same high quality. It is constructed of very nice hides and is very skillfully made.
Kudos to Shaul and his employees for providing a great product.
(Posted on 10/20/11)
- Perfect A2 Review by chan
- Great craftsmanship! Beautifully made! Hats off to the craftsmen who made these jackets. (Posted on 10/15/11)
- Fantastic Jacket! Review by Casey
- Just received my horsehide custom A2 a few days ago and have hardly taken it off. Well constructed and very high quality. I'm looking forward to many years of enjoyment with this jacket. Customer service was great, with very quick turn-around. (Posted on 9/20/11)
- Solid Dependable Construction Review by Lando
I own a lot of flight jackets. I've tried a lot of different brands and found things I like and dislike in them all. US Authentic makes a very solid A2 built to be used and abused for years to come. The horsehide is a heavy leather that you don't have to worry about because it can take just about anything you can throw at it. Some people have complained about the fit but I don't understand why. My A2 fit close to the body without being constrictive, which is what I was looking for. Also, the sleeves are a bit longer so that every time you put your arms up, you don't have to worry about having the sleeves fly up to your elbows.
In short, this is the A2 I would take on any adventure. I own a Lost Worlds A2 which cost twice as much and if I had know about US Authentic then, I would have saved the money on the Lost Worlds and just bought an A2 here. These are jackets made tough to wear through the rigors of life. Thanks Mr. Dover, you will be seeing my business again. (Posted on 3/1/11)
- Great!! Review by John
The A2 that I ordered is almost like the one my father had in WWII. The difference is the spec number. But the spec number of the ordered jacket is one that was used during WWII
Great jacket (Posted on 1/26/11)
- A great value for money Review by Caleb
I spent a great deal of time cruising catalogues, aviation shops online, and even department stores looking for an accurate A2 replica. I checked a number of websites that gave a detailed description of the original A2 and realized that most of the so called "A2" of most manufacturers would just be a very poor copy. There were only a handful of dealers which had a decent A2 replica, US Authentic being one at the top of my list.
After 2 years of eye-ing the jackets of US Authentic, I finally took the plunge and bought a horsehide A2. Overall, I am quite pleased, the jacket is made of nice heavy leather and the color has a rich deep tone. I like the details like the knit cuffs, the soft cotton lining, and even the stamps & labels on the inside. Most of all, I love the wonderful smell of the fresh leather!
A few small complaints, the left sleeve was half an inch longer, but I was able to have it taken in by my local tailor. I'd encourage US Authentic to check over their jackets for little faults like that before they ship. Secondly, it seems that the front is a bit longer than what's needed, making the zipper curl a bit more than comfortable when I sit down.
All told though, I'm satisfied with my purchase, it's a sturdy, sharp looking, affordable jacket and I may very well be a repeat customer in future years. (Posted on 1/13/11)
- awesome Review by Steve
- Very very impressed with my A2; I guess I could have spent more but I don't see how I could have gotten better quality. Lots of compliments on how it looks. Highly recommended! (Posted on 12/16/10)
- True to original Review by Sam
- Quality, workmanship, and adherence to original Mil Spec is excellent. An added plus of being crafted right here in the USA, in the state where a large number of the originals were contracted, is plenty of enough reason I just ordered my second A-2.. One in Goatskin and one in Horsehide. A superior product. Don't be fooled into paying more. It's all here, it's all real. (Posted on 12/11/10)
- A Beautiful and Historic Work of Art Review by Robert
I ordered and received my A2 horsehide russet recently and it is absolutely beautiful. I wanted to replicate the original A2 jacket that my relative wore during WWII in Italy as a P-38 pilot. I requested hand painted custom work for the squadron patch and shoulder patches, nametag and lining and sent photos from original patches for them to copy.
I am impressed with the accuracy of the hand painted patches and the results of the size, proper positioning, and the sewing stitches as well as the beautiful russet color and the great fit.
Those that worked on my jacket are to be commended for a superb job and outstanding craftsmanship. Within a week, I received no less than a dozen compliments on the jacket from men and women alike who were curious about the historical significance. This jacket is not only a tribute to my relative, but to all of the men and women who served in the military and fought not only in WWII but the wars and conflicts since and I will wear it with pride.
Thank you Mr. Dover for producing such a quality product. (Posted on 12/9/10)
- 6 Years with an A2 Review by Tony Ryan
- I bought my A2 in horse whilst visiting the US in 2004;Shaul was good enough to have it delivered to my hotel in Boston.I wear the jacket on a regular basis in the UK and no item of clothing I have ever owned has given me as much satisfaction.The horsehide is now starting to look really great rather than just great and it is reassuring to know that it will outlast my hifi,car probably my house and certainly me.Best wishes to all at the business.Tony (Posted on 11/30/10)