- I am in awe of this jacket Review by Brad Whelan
- My B3 Jacket arrived today and was there when I got home from school. I just have to say, the craftsmanship and attention to detail is just absolutely amazing. The jacket is everything I expected it to be and more!! First I just have to say that the materials used are of top quality and the feel of the sheepskin is so soft and warm. I had asked for a custom Army Air Corps Insignia placed on the left sleeve and it came out great!! The colors of the jacket are just beautiful and are one of the main qualities (in my opinion) that make the jacket stand out. There is only a minor complaint I have about the jacket and that is the waist of the jacket is a little big for me, however I supplemented this by tightening the belts located on the sides of the jacket. The jacket fits snug and I could not be happier. I can also say, this was my first time ordering from US Authentic, however, it WILL NOT be my last. I am still in awe from the jacket and will be sure to mention US Authentic to anyone I know that enjoys quality and authenticity above all else. Kudos to an amazing jacket and to a company that still maintains a great level of commitment to the customer! (Posted on 7/28/2010)
- Absolutely terrific Review by Jeffrey Cook
- Some time ago, I ordered one of your B-3 Bomber Flight Jackets and B-2 hats in preparation of a trip too Russia.This was my second visit too Russia during the winter, then knowing how harsh the weather could be, having previously traveled with an expensive heavy leather coat bought the year before. It just could not handle these temperatures. This time, I wanted an exceptional coat for the trip and wish too have found your web-sight long ago. The weather conditions of the Samara region, in the city of Togliatti along the Volga River, which is located about 600 miles south east of Moscow were between 24 too a -7 degrees fahrenheit during my latest visit. I have always admired early aviation history, practically the pre-pressurized aircraft and before the jet age era, I knew the reputation of the the B-3 through stories as told by some friends who served during WW2. First of all after, receiving the jacket and hat with in a week of ordering them, I would like too say the B-3 and B-2 produced at your factory is nothing short of beautiful, and much, much more then expected from seeing one of the original B-3's. Having so much faith in this newly reproduced jacket, I traveled as planed and found your B-3 jacket and B-2 hat were absolutely terrific. All in all, staying warm, and feeling comfortable while walking during the night when the temperatures were at there coldest. This jacket and hat continues too live up too its reputation from the original designs of the early 1930's. In comparison of both trips and cost of the two jackets, the B-3 was the best investment I have ever made. Making this trip of March 2005 more memorable and exciting while experiencing the out-door Russian culture. Unfortunately, my plans did not work out the way I wanted and failed too get any photo's in Moscow or Red Square, but I do have one from Togliatti. Attached are two photos taken out-doors. The first photo was taken in Red Square, January 2004 wearing a $350.00 coat that did not work very well and eventually was sold. The second was taken March 2005 of myself and a friend, one of many I was visiting during this trip in Togliatti. Notice the amount of snow on the ground and trees, then the ice covered side walk. Also, some time in the near future, I will be contacting you again about purchasing an A-2 jacket with a custom 8th AAF, 457th BG nose art design. (Posted on 7/28/2010)
- Just as I wanted it Review by Stefan Schaub
Just a short note to let you know that my B3 jacket finally arrived, thank to your quick reply to our "great" swiss post customs dept. who held it back since Feb. 28th (!) The jacket is really as I wanted it. Before ordering from you I went to several websites and leather boutiques, but none of their models was ok in my opinion.
Thanks again for your very good customer service and quick e-mail replies.
(Posted on 7/28/2010)
- Great jacket Review by Stefan Ohlund
- My B-3 flight jacket arrived at Friday 10 December (fast delivery). The fit is perfect! And the quality of construction is excellent! Consider me a very happy customer. (Posted on 7/28/2010)
- I am beyond impressed!!!!! Review by Shanon G. Lucky
After reading all the reviews for the A-2 jacket US Authentic makes, I couldn't let your B-3 go without at least a few kind words. I had wanted a B-3 ever since I was in high school, to me, it was the quintessential Air Force flight jacket. When I joined the USAF after high school, and subsequently went through aircrew training, I began to collect flight gear, both modern and vintage, original and reproduction. I purchased jackets from Avirex (pretty good stuff in the early 80s, not quite so good now) as well as originals I found in second hand stores and other places. FINALLY, I found an original B-3....but it was WAY too small for me to ever wear (even at my old military weight, I'm a big guy). I came across US Authentic a few years back, and saw a photo on the site of one of the early B-3s, and thought it looked nice, but not QUITE like mine.....so I kept looking. I never could find a decent repro B-3 to wear (Nebraska winters are cold!) until I was reading through an aviation history magazine and saw an ad for "History Preservation Associates" (Eastman). I looked their website up and was appalled at the price of their jackets! A thousand bucks for a B-3????? HOLY CATS! Well, the bug had bit me again, and HARD by that time, I just had to have a B-3. I talked to a friend who also collected flight gear, and he said "Have you tried US Authentic? I've seen their B-3s and they're pretty good." I asked him to elaborate, and as we talked, I began to look at the B-3 original in my collection. His description of a US Authentic B-3 fit my original to a "T". The only thing missing, was the AAF winged star on the sleeve....small thing, that can be added later. So, I ordered a B-3 in January of 2002, and got the jacket within three days of ordering. IT MATCHED MY ORIGINAL PRECISELY! The colors of the sheepskin, the leather reinforcements and pocket, as well as the collar straps were DEAD ON! The buckles on the waist as well as at the collar matched....I was BEYOND impressed! The fit of the jacket was great and when a cold
Shannon G. Lucky (former Strategic Air Command crewmember, USAF) (Posted on 7/27/2010)
- Very very well worth it! Review by Glenn Brooks
I was one of the people in Buffalo NY that was caught in that snow storm on the highway for 18 hours. Last year I purchased your B3 bomber jacket and thank god I was wearing it. You guys produce a great product that maybe didn't save my life but got close. I love my B3 and I wish there was a way that I could turn other people on about your products. Thanks again! My friends laughed about the over $600 price tag but to me it was well worth it! Have a happy holiday..
(Posted on 7/27/2010)
- Outstanding craftsmanship Review by Scott S.
THE B3 IS WOW!!!! WOW!!! WOW!!!! MY WIFE LOVES IT!!! IT WAS HER BIRTHDAY PRESENT.
KUDO'S TO YOUR ARTIST. AND THE CRAFTSMANSHIP IS OUTSTANDING!! WOW!
(Posted on 7/27/2010)
- Absolutely amazing Review by John Beacon
My B-3 flight jacket arrived today (fast delivery) and I couldn't be happier! Your suggestion to try the regular 44 for size and then indicate adjustments to be made was absolutely the right way to go. I said I needed 1.5" more in sleeve length, and you made that coat for me with those adjustments. Not only did you customize the coat, but you actually made it while I was returning the regular 44 to you, so you were able to do the turn around and send me the final coat in less than a week!
Amazing. You also didn't charge me additional shipping for the change. The fit is perfect! The quality of construction is excellent! The quality of material is second-to-none! I nearly went with another maker who would have charged me $300
more for the same quality coat, and charged me shipping for not only my return if they were wrong in their initial size recommendation, but for sending a second coat as well! And, shipping would have been higher each time than what you charged me initially!
Consider me a very happy customer who plans to spread the word and buy only from you! This is my third coat from your company, and I love every one of them! A very pleased customer. (Posted on 7/27/2010)
- One of my best investments Review by Daniel Goldring
- I just wanted to say the b3 jacket i bought from you last year turned out to be one of my best investments. I live in the northeast and this and last year gave us some pretty cold weather. Your B 3 jacket turned out to be great as i stayed warm while everyone who laughed at me for spending $650 on the coat was left envious and cold. I am so pleased that i am going to purchase the Ir*** jacket and the A 5 trousers in the next couple of months. (Posted on 7/27/2010)
- Unbelievably warm, superb work Review by G. Torribio (December 2006)
- I received my B3 jacket just before Christmas. This is my second purchase from U.S. Authentic, the first being a Navy G-8. The quality and fit on the G-8 were impeccable, so I ordered the B3 with confidence. It is unbelievably warm, having passed my test of long motorcycle rides at 40 degree temperatures. I am glad I didn't buy one of the modified "B3-type" jackets sold by others, but held out for the real thing. I'm looking forward to breaking this one in and enjoying it for years to come. Keep up the good work! (Posted on 7/23/2010)