- Very fine product Review by Ben Smith
I ordered a G 1 flight jacket as a surprise for my son, age 30. I had a lengthy discussion with Dover when I called in the order and gave him my son's overall specs, etc. To make a long story short, the jacket was received in timely fashion and I opened the parcel with him. I find it difficult to describe the pleasure I experienced when we examined the jacket for the first time. The quality was, to say the least, exceptional!
The leather was real 5 star plus quality and consistent throughout the entire garment. I couldn't be more pleased! I have a personal A 2 from another mfg. that I had considered to be pretty darn good, but, your jacket beats them all. I am so envious of the G 1 that I bought for my son that I see one for myself in the future. Again, congratulations for such a fine
product. We are extremely well pleased. (Posted on 7/21/2010)
- Fit is simply excellent Review by John Anderson
My new jacket arrived today and I wanted to express my thanks to you. I knew the quality would be outstanding as the two previous jackets I looked at were exceptional. However, I was a little apprehensive about the custom size because I have very little confidence in my ability to measure myself
or to imagine how much material needed to be taken out of the jacket.
Well, the fit is simply excellent. (Even my wife thinks so.) The length is right on the money and the taper from back to waist is equally great.
Thanks for your help and input. All this in only 3 business days. Well done! Thank you once again. You sincerely deserve the testimonial. (Posted on 7/21/2010)
- Attention to detail is exceptional Review by Greg Buhyoff
I received my customized G-1 yesterday. After researching several companies who make or provide flight jackets, I discovered U.S. Authentic.
Over the years I have owned many flight jackets -- those that were issued to me by the Air Force and others I acquired over time. I wanted a G-1 that was made to the highest standards of workmanship. But, further, I wanted a customized version since I am a pilot and wanted some changes to the inside pockets to facilitate their use in flight. Also, and even more important, I wanted a jacket that fit me perfectly. After speaking with Customer service and discussing my needs and requirements, he said that none of my requests presented even the slightest problem. I ordered the jacket at noon on a Friday.
The jacket was delivered the following Wednesday! I was shocked! A customized jacket that fast. Well, let me say this, when I opened the box and took out the jacket I a smile came over me immediately. Being the owner of so many jackets, I could see immediately the high quality of workmanship. Now that I have had a chance to wear and examine the jacket in fine detail, I cannot be more pleased. The attention to detail is exceptional. The workmanship is superb and the selection of leather is absolutely tops. Working with U S Authentic was a pleasure and special. They obviously cares and wants to provide a product that will provide 100% satisfaction to the customer. All I can say, is that I am 110% satisfied! Thank you all the craftspeople at U.S. Authentic. You can be proud of your skill and the products you produce. I have already selected the next jacket I am going to order from you. And, you will be hearing from me shortly.
Thanks again, from one happy pilot.
(Posted on 7/21/2010)
- Best quality and workmanship I have ever seen Review by Mark Baran
- As noted previously, my father was a Navy/Marine aviator during World War II. He saw action from the Battle of Coral Sea up the Pacific Rim. In the last two years since his passing, I have been looking for a company that could make a good quality G-1. My considerations were not only quality and authenticity, but also someone I could trust with his squadron and campaign patches, which are irreplaceable. On your assurance, I forwarded the patches along with my order. On receiving the G-1 I have to say that it is the best quality and workmanship I have ever seen in a flight jacket. I have G-1 jackets that cost twice as much as the one made for me by your company that are no where near the level of quality of U.S. Authentic. Many, many thanks! If my dad was around to see it, I'm sure he would agree. (Posted on 7/21/2010)
- Authentic, and fit is perfect Review by Neil Livingston
I am extremely pleased with my G-1 flight jacket. Not only is it authentic, but the fit is perfect. My suit size is 44 regular and U. S. Authentic suggested that I order size 46. Like many of the other reviewers, my Dad was a Naval pilot during WWII flying both aircraft and lighter than air craft. The jacket is warm and very comfortable to wear..... and it's unbelievable how many wonderful comments it receives.
(Posted on 7/21/2010)