Items 1 to 10 of 11 total
- Outstanding Custom, Great Value Review by CJ
I have an original Navy G-1 (Star Sportswear contract), original B-10 (Stagg contract), a G-8 by Avirex, a B-9 by Avirex, and a US Wings G-1. The US Wings is a Tall and was just too long in the body despite the longer sleeves being fine. I bought & returned a Gibson-Barnes M-422A b/c the body was too full, not the slim military cut as advertised.
Deciding to get a custom G-1, I followed Flightjacket.com's recommendation and purchased an off-the-rack G-1. I rec'd it quickly. Noted some shortcomings: map pocket was narrow and shallow compared to orig G-1s and US Wings, elastic straps that keep the bi-swing back tucked are narrower/thinner than orig & US Wings. The rayon lining is thinner than both, too. It makes the leather seem thinner than the others, but if you measure it--it's not. On the plus side, the leather is the most supple I've ever come across. Feels more like supple cowhide, but with the pebbled grain of goatskin.
So I returned that jacket with my changes based off the jacket rec'd as requested. Only took about a week to receive the custom jacket (shipped from NY to CA no less). I lengthened the sleeves, shortened the body, brought the pockets in towards the zipper, added two inside wallet pockets with custom width and depth, widened and deepened the map pocket. Added the custom worded lining (disappointed that it's not painted on, more like a heat-transferred decal), also did the removable fur collar (ever get tired of the fur? Too warm?).
Overall, great execution. Wanted the custom A2 lining with the custom text, but instead they put the lettering on the G-1 rayon. The leather collar, without the fur in place, needed the A2 style snaps to keep the collar proper. I emailed my concerns, and to their credit, the company was willing to take the jacket back, remove the G-1 lining and install the A2 lining as requested without charge. Upon reflection, I did not request them to tear out the old lining b/c I didn't think the re-sewing would turn out as well. But they did install the snap down collar without charge, even though I didn't originally ask for it.
Great customer service. Working late one Saturday night, I sent an email to them about the custom jacket, and I rec'd an email back that night (around 2 am EST)! I apologized, not knowing they would get my email at that hour on a weekend. Unheard of.
I finally have the G-1 I've always wanted. Fits perfect, leather collar, so comfortable. BTW, these come with the more attractive M-422 pocket flaps, and this is the only G-1 I've had that has the great "leather" smell, even 2 months after purchase. Not sure how this buttery smooth leather will wear over the years. Time will tell, but it's already displaying some nice break-in wrinkles that I really like.
You can't touch a custom jacket like this for this price. (Posted on 4/11/13)
- Well Pleased Review by Matt
Received the jacket, hardly a week after ordering it, the whole process is extraordinarily quick and the work is superb, I can't spot a single stitch out of place. Sleeves are longer than expected, but I actually like that.
I hassled Shaul with measurements and fitting questions for weeks; wanting a looser fit to be able to wear a sweater underneath, change config from G1 to AN-J-3 with cotton lining, and all this was completed to a very high standard. Definately happy with the fit and the mods.
On top of all this I ordered their vintage goat leather, which is so supple and easy to wear, and a great looking mid brown colour. The only thing now, is to see how the 'vintage' wears in, something I'm looking forward to doing. Tallyho!! (Posted on 11/1/12)
- Great Work, Fast Delivery Review by Lando
- To have a flight jacket built to your custom request and to receive it in about a week; that's pretty incredible work. Anyone else will tell you 4 to 6 weeks, and that's if they are not being slammed with orders. Some people will tell you 4 to 6 months without a blink. That's fine for some people but if I can get quality work done to my specifications and within a week and at a good price, why would I go anywhere else. U S Authentic is a great company and I am very happy with my custom G1. A horsehide G1, I was actually told by another US flight jacket company that it could not be done. US Authentic had to be in a week. So, if your are on the fence about ordering, don't be. Build your jacket the way you want it and have them build you a solid flight jacket that will last a lifetime. Right priceframe, right timeframe, and the way you want it. Thanks US Authentic. (Posted on 3/1/11)
- absolutely amazing!! Review by Maverick 31ATSG/CV
Today I have received the jacket, absolutely amazing!! Congratulation good work, hope to have the occasion to collaborate again with you..
(Posted on 11/18/10)
- Fit and workmanship are perfect Review by Donald Moore (December 2007)
My custon G-1 jacket arrived a few days ago and I wanted to let you know how pleased I am with the quality of the jacket and the custom work. along with my messurements, I sent you nine patches to affix to the jacket and the fit and workmanship is perfect. I also ordered a US flag patch attached to the right sleeve, but forgot to tell you to use a reverse patch. You correctly attached the reverse patch.
Great job!! Thanks a bunch!
(Posted on 8/2/10)
- Absolutely fantastic workmanship Review by Rick Jansky (August 2007)
- Three years ago I purchased an US Authentic custom G-1 and the workmanship was absolutely fantastic. So, when my thirteen year old Eastman Leather B-3 lost a tooth on its zipper I went to US Authentic for the repair. The jacket arrived at their work shop on 1 August and was back in my hands on 7 August. In less than one work week the old zipper was removed, the new zipper trimmed to fit, sewn onto the jacket, and the jacket returned. Unbelieveable! AND, if you didn't know that the zipper was replaced you wouldn't be able to tell. Thanks once again US Authentic for a job extremely well done. (Posted on 8/2/10)
- Detail is brilliant Review by Nigel Hills (August 2006)
Guys, I am based in the UK and thanks for sending my custom G1 jacket so promptly. It is superb and the detail is brilliant. I love it and will definitely be back again.
It will be worn with pride this weekend at the Goodwood Revival.
(Posted on 7/23/10)
- Could not be more pleased Review by Mark West (April 2006)
Got the custom G1 jacket and I could not be more pleased. All the features I wanted, and none that I didn't. The fit is absolutely perferct, and delivered just in time for my trip.
One very happy customer,
(Posted on 7/23/10)
- Superb custom work Review by Matthew Fitzkee
I am writing to leave praise and my recommendation for US Authentic. I recently ordered a modified G-1 jacket from this corporation. Actually, it was more of me combining a few different styles into one. A base G-1, with the collar and pockets of an A-2, and the room and arm pockets of an MA-1.
I was looking for a company that would custom make a coat exactly the way I wanted it. It should also be noted that I am 6â€™-2â€ tall, and 240 lbs from working out a lot. (a size 48 T) I put together a small notebook with my specifications, pictures, sketches, and the works. I wanted a button-out wool lining, custom pockets, sleeves, collar, and an authentic blood chit sewn into the lining. On US AUTHENTIC assurance, I sent everything. I had trouble choosing a leather, so he promptly sent me samples. I choose black horsehide.
(Posted on 7/22/10)
- Excellent service and quality Review by N. King
Well, thanks again for the excellent service and quality, you have a very satisfied customer! Well, I received my jacket today, and to say the least I had some very high expectations after looking at your site and reading your client testimonials. Now that I have received my very own Jacket, I am not only pleased but extremely pleased to say the least. US Authentic has definitely lived up to their reputation, actually its the first time I purchased over the Net, and was quite skeptical of scams, but your service has been second to none and also instilled confidence of o/s purchasing. Next to my trusty 12 year old cowhide bikers jacket, my new bombers flight jacket exceeds not only quality but fit and style, guess I'll just have to hang the old one up and wear the heck outa my new one. The horsehide is even more subtle than I imagined, let alone when it breaks in as u say.....if the first impression is as good as the lasting impression, I will certainly be very happy. Thanks again, and I'll certainly pass the word onto my peers in the Harley Owners Group of Liverpool, where I am the Director.
(Posted on 7/22/10)
Items 1 to 10 of 11 total