Items 11 to 15 of 15 total
- Fits like a glove Review by Tim & Carol Bottoms
- I just had to write to praise the 2 jackets we ordered in late June. Carolâ€™s Indy Jacket fits her like a glove and my G-8 is fabulous; I love the russet horsehide. I work in a museum and we recently had a textile conservator in to survey our flag collection. Previously, she had conserved the museumâ€™s World War II A-2 that belonged to a local P-51D Mustang ace. When she mentioned that she missed having that jacket in her workshop, I mentioned the two leather jackets we had just received. Bringing them in the next day, she praised the quality of the leather and workmanship and asked for your website address so she could look into ordering a jacket for her husband. I also want to thank you for the hospitality shown us when we visited your business to order our jackets. All I can say is that I am very much looking forward to cold weather and the chance to break in my G-8. Thank you for giving me to opportunity to own a flight jacket like no other in town (or probably in the state)! (Posted on 7/22/10)
- My most treasured piece of clothing Review by Norm Nelson
- I want to thank you for the custom G-8 that you made for me. The sizing could not be more perfect. This is now my most treasured article of clothing, the look and feel of the leather, the one- piece back, zippers, and side entry pockets are great. I feel as if I am wearing a piece of aeronautical history, even though it is now my motorcycle jacket. U.S. Authentic is the epitome of American entrepreneurship and most importantly: Craftsmanship. To the average "Joe" the price might seem high, but you might end up buying two or three $150.00 cheap split-hide cookie-cutter flight jackets, and never be happy, so why not buy ONE. After all, if I can't get an original (especially in the case of a leather G-8), I will settle for the next best thing, your G-8. I can't thank you enough. (Posted on 7/22/10)
- All I can say is "wow" Review by Chris R.
I received the G-8 jacket that I ordered today-all I can say is "wow!" Your work is first-class. This jacket has easily become my favorite already. I know that I'll get a lot of use out of it. The only thing that I wasn't expecting were the side-entry pockets. I didn't specify, but I thought that these wouldn't be there unless I said to put them in. Is it possible to have you guys close them at a later date, if I so decide? I just really can't part with the jacket now :) Obviously, US Authentic is right up there with any of the premier jacket makers. You have obviously put a lot of thought and effort into creating an authentic, quality replica, and it shows. I am so happy with this purchase! I have to admit, spending the money that I did was a difficult decision to make, but I have NO regrets. I know I'll have this jacket for many years, and through many adventures. Thanks so much!
(a follow up email, couple of weeks later)
Just a quick note to say that I've had time to fully evaluate the G-8 I received, having had the chance to wear it often during the past few weeks. The jacket is just incredible! I chose you guys because I thought that the styling (simple and classic) was more in keeping with the spirit of the original than many other G-8 repros out there. What I wasn't sure about was what the quality would be. The goatskin on this jacket is first-rate. It's thick and supple, and feels rugged. I have no worries wearing it in any weather condition, and it works for a wide temperature range, as well. The lining, hardware (real horn buttons!) and details are great. It was nice to see such things as a button-reinforcement for the sleeve buttons, and a more authentic nipple-type snap for the inside pocket. Also, this was the only G-8 on the market with "USN" punched through the wind flap, which lends authenticity to a classic flight jacket. All in all, I am tremendously pleased with the jacket, and happy with all the help you gave me in completing my purchase. While I think I will probably send the jacket back to you at some point to have the side-entry pockets closed, I just can't part with it just yet-it's become too much a part of my everyday routine. Thanks for a great product! (Posted on 7/22/10)
- Worth every penny Review by J. A. Sharbel
- I searched for more than seven years for an authentic replica Navy G-8, so you can imagine my delight in finding your extraordinary example. While the price my seem high to some consumers, I can attest first hand, that the jacket is worth every penny. The US Authentic G-8 is a high quality product, coupling fine workmanship with bullet proof materials. The jacket is beautifully crafted and well suited for year round motorcycling here in the rather cool Monterey, CA climate. The heavy weight, but supple goatskin took only a few weeks to break-in and has all the characteristic indicatitive of a long, functional life. I will cherish my jacket for many years to come. (Posted on 7/22/10)
- Finest quality piece I have ever purchased Review by Henry Stowe
- At first, I thought I was going to return my jacket because I wanted to exchange it for a one with the Thinsulate lining. I have decided that G-8 jacket is the finest quality piece I have ever purchased. I would recommend your firm to anyone in search of a fine quality jacket made in the USA. That is the reason I bought from you in the first place. As money permits, I'll be buying more. Keep it up and keep it here! (Posted on 7/22/10)
Items 11 to 15 of 15 total