Items 1 to 10 of 20 total
- Very pleased! Review by Joseph
I sent my Cooper G-1 for repair. I requested the cuffs and waistband be replaced. A few days later it was back! The work and quality of materials used was beyond my expectation. The jacket looks great.
Thank you to all the highly skilled folks there. (Posted on 10/31/14)
- Thrilled! Review by Tracy L
- My husband and I are thrilled with the work you did! His 20 year old flight jacket had a torn cuff. The request was to replace the cuffs and the waistband. You can't tell the work was done - it is like the tear magically disappeared!! Thank you!!! (Posted on 10/29/14)
- Excellent repair service Review by Rick Smith
- My 28-year old LL Bean Flying Tiger jacket got a new mouton lambswool collar and it looks like it did when I received it as a 1986 Christmas gift. Great workmanship and rapid turnaround (less than a week). Thank you for the excellent repair and service. (Posted on 9/23/14)
- Outstanding! Review by Drkilmer
- Needed new cuffs and a replacement mouton color on my G-1. Mailed the jacket on a Tuesday, got an email on Thursday that it had been shipped back to me, and it arrived on Monday. Less than one week from start to finish and the work is exceptional. Even replaced a button I didn't ask about ... thank you!! If you've got a jacket that needs some work stop hesitating and send it for repair. You'll be very happy. I know I am! (Posted on 8/26/14)
- Couldn't be happier with the work! Review by Harry L.
I bought an A-2 jacket from US Authentic in 2007, the quality was outstanding. So when I decided to have my 28 year old Lakeland G-1 "copy" jacket repaired, I sent it to US Authentic for the work. Jacket needed new knitwork, lining and hand warmer pocket bags. Additionally, the jacket had a detachable "faux fur" collar that I've always hated due to the many buttons rubbing my neck and snagging on things, so I opted to have the collar replaced.
Shaul received the jacket late on Monday and it was on its way back to me Wednesday afternoon. I got it back today (Friday). Can't ask for faster turnaround than that! New knit cuffs and waistband are fantastic, likewise the new Bemberg rayon Thinsulate lining - you have to look **really** close to tell lining has been replaced, and it feels like silk. Shaul even removed the original diamond-shaped leather "Lakeland" label from the old lining and sewed it onto the new lining in the same place! And he duplicated the inside map pocket exactly, re-using the leather from the opening of the original pocket.
Only unexpected surprise was the collar replacement. I expected the entire collar to be removed, and a new one put on. But Shaul simply unbuttoned the detachable fur portion from the existing collar leaving the bare leather collar, and sewed Mouton fur in its place. This isn't what I was expecting, but thinking about it, it is really a better solution since the "drape" and shape of my 28-year old collar is preserved. And of course the leather of the collar is a perfect match for the rest of the jacket since it's original. And again, the workmanship quality is so fine you can't tell that the newly-added fur is not original.
I couldn't be more pleased with the work Shaul did, I'd recommend his services without hesitation to anyone with a treasured jacket in need of repair. (Posted on 7/11/14)
- Jackets and service, first rate all the way!!! Review by Will H.
- I sent my US Authentic seal brown A-2 to have the knits replaced with new rust colored ones, and their AAF HQ patch applied. Not only did they have it done and on the way back in 2 days, the jacket looked better than I could have possibly imagined!!! Thank you to Shaul, and everyone working at US Authentic MFG!!! Now its time to have the russet A-2 freshened up!!! Flawless work, highly recommended!!! (Posted on 2/10/14)
- Expert Craftsmanship Review by Nick
- I have had quite a few jackets repaired and they are expert craftsman -I also have about 4 different jackets I purchased starting about 15 yrs ago till now and all of them wear better than the originals. In this day and age it is near impossible to find companies like U S Authentic-They are the best at everything they do. Thank you sirs.-Nick (Posted on 1/31/14)
- excellent work! Review by tattooeddrumguy
- i cant say enough good things about the speedy repair work these folks did on my vintage g1. I needed the cuffs and waistband replaced. shaul recommended replacing the faux fur collar as well and I am very pleased that i did. there were also 2 small holes and some missing buttons that were taken care of at my request. my nicely broken-in 40+ year old jacket should last me many more years now. if you need top notch work done on your vintage flight jacket at a reasonable price, look no further than flightjacket.com . thanks a million!!! (Posted on 1/10/14)
- cooper A2 Air Force Jacket Review by jo
- my brotherinlaw gave this jacket to my husband as it didnt fit him any more, the cuffs were very worn and lining was torn, my husband found this website. well not only was the service fast, delivered back to us in a week but the quality of the repair was absolutely astonishing. the lining is better than the one in there. my husband was amazed that every tag and original label was sewn back in, i will have to ask my brotherinlaw now the history of this airforce jacket i believe he purchased in the 1980's, my husband is thrilled with the restoration!! (Posted on 1/9/14)
- Superb work! Review by Mike Salazar
- You guys are the greatest. My fur collar replacement on my flight jacket was flawless. My jacket looks better than ever. The price was right. The turn around time was lightning fast. Just in time for the first cold snap. (Posted on 11/17/13)
Items 1 to 10 of 20 total