The A-2 Flight Jacket was made famous by U.S. Army airmen who wore them as a testament to their bravery, independence and skill. Service tested in 1930, the A-2 was adopted as the regulation Army Air Corps flying jacket on May 9, 1931. Its style continues to be a perfect example of form following function.
The A-2 jacket is available and true to the original design in russet or seal brown horsehide or medium brown goatskin.
True to the original Air Corp Spec:
One piece back, 2 piece sleeves. Talon nickel finish zipper with leather puller tabs, single entry pocket with luxurious curved shape flaps. Epaulets boxed stitched, 1 3/4" tapering down to 1 1/2". Hanger loop boxed stitch through and through. Stand up collar, snapped down collar tips. 8-10 stitches per inch, reinforced pockets corners and wind flap, provide solid construction that backed by life time warrantee.
Its lining of 100% cotton and 100% wool knit cuffs & waistband is also true to the original. Finish touch of A/N inspection stamp and Air Corp stamp on the lining.
If you like to create your personal specifications or modified colors, shape or components please visit the A-2 custom made jacket page.
My 2nd A2 from flight jacket Review by Alex C
Received my 2nd A2 in seal brown 2 days earlier that expected! Excellent workmanship. I bought my 1st A2 from flight jacket about 4 years ago in russet brown and decided to add the seal brown to my collection. It will take awhile to break in the leather, but i'm loving it going through the whole process again. Thanks shaul Dover! (Posted on 8/11/12)
Superb Jacket! Review by Mike P.
I can't say enough about the seal brown horsehide A-2 that I just received from your company. Absolutely stunning, at a fantastic price. At least 1/4 less the price than the other "big name" mfgs. The attention paid to detail and original specs. is as good as I've seen. Very, very close to an original WW11 that I owned. Keep up the good work! ( p.s. you are a big name in my book!) (Posted on 3/23/12)
Superb Product! Review by Mike P.
I really can't say enough about this seal brown horsehide A-2 that I just received from your company. Absolutely stunning! The attention paid to the original specs. is very, very close to an original WW11 that I owned. Excellent workmanship and detail at about two thirds the cost of some of the other "big name" makers I researched. Keep up the good work! I will be purchasing another jacket from you. Thank you so much. (p.s. you are a big name in my book!) (Posted on 3/23/12)
Great Product! Sizing Chart A Big Help! Review by Daniel
I received my A2 flight jacket today and it fits perfectly thanks to your sizing chart. The horsehide seal brown is worth every bit of the additional cost.
By way of information, I found your company on a Google search after a disappointing experience with another flight jacket from a different company. (That company's flight jacket had been previously Made in the USA but not now is foreign made and the inferior quality was evident. Trust me, I returned it as soon as possible.)
Your A2 flight jacket from www.flightjacket.com was superior in every way. And the order process, confirmation, shipping e-mail, and tracking info was perfect.
Be assured that, as I wear the A2 flight jacket, when people comment on it, I will prominently mention your company and the superior product, purchasing process, and all around excellent experience I had when I bought my jacket from FlightJacket.com.
Thanks again!! (Posted on 1/16/12)
very positive Review by C. C.
I have owned my A-2 jacket for more than three years and looks great. I have had alot of compliments, especially at the air museum where I volunteer twice a week. The quality of your A-2 jacket is superb and your price is very reasonable. I have looked at other manufactures at a higher cost and yours are just as good and in some instances much better. Thank you. C.C. (Posted on 1/2/12)
GREAT A-2!!! Review by Cap'n Rick
The U.S. Authentic horsehide A-2 was an amazing piece of workmanship! Thick, heavy seal brown horsehide leather, repro Talon zipper, collar stand, luxurious soft brown cotton lining, all in all a fantastic jacket that is built like a tank and should last a lifetime! (Posted on 11/23/11)
I am pleased... Review by Bert
I have been searching for an US made horsehide A2 jacket for a while. After worrying about getting the wrong size I made my order in flightjacket.com. The shipment is super fast (I wonder if the shipment can be a bit slow to save on postage). I am happy with the purchase. Only one thing is the material is not mentioned in the jacket. Have I missed a tag somewhere.
Highly recommended. (Posted on 11/8/11)
Outstanding Review by Bill
I've owned the horsehide A-2 jacket for three years and it's just wonderful and looks great. I cannot recommend highly enough this product to anyone whose looking for an authentic A-2 . Thanks again for a great product, Bill (Posted on 11/7/11)
2nd purchase Review by Tim
I recently purchased a second goatskin A2 from US Authentic. It was delivered in record time.
My original jacket is almost 10 years old. It has proven to be of excellent quality. After all this time there are no problems such as unraveling threads or excessive wear.
The replacement seems to be of the same high quality. It is constructed of very nice hides and is very skillfully made.
Kudos to Shaul and his employees for providing a great product.
(Posted on 10/20/11)
Perfect A2 Review by chan
Great craftsmanship! Beautifully made! Hats off to the craftsmen who made these jackets. (Posted on 10/15/11)
- Fantastic Goatskin A2 Review by David
- I wish to thank you for the fantastic Goatskin A2 jacket you made for me. This jacket is by far the nicest I own. The details are precise, and the fit is just fantastic. This jacket is very comfortable, and has an athletic fit which is just what I was expecting. Many people on various flight jacket forums such as The Fedora Lounge has given glowing testimonies about the great product you make. They were right on the money. Again, thank you very much for producing a 1st rate A2 jacket that the average person can afford right here in the good old U.S.A. I can not imagine any way to improve your product. It is just perfect. In closing I would like to say once again, Thank You. (Posted on 11/11/13)
- Magnificent Historical Likeness Review by Bill P
- What can I say? A high end true to history perfectly sized work of art. I finalized my order on Monday and received my custom jacket seven (7) days later. My A-2 is replete with sewn on leather squadron and 8th Air Force patches, and name tag. Nickel finish Talon zipper and thick horsehide. Good old Shauli has rally worked hard to create a first class operation with one stop shopping for all your needs and to meet every budget. (Posted on 11/5/13)
- Perfect Custom A-2 Review by Bill
- I've been looking for an A-2 for a while and researching it meticulously. I was originally looking at Gibson and Barnes, however their website had "issues" and they were none too helpful on the phone. At 5'4" and 170 lbs I have a hard to fit build and I am very picky. Shaul was patient with my many questions re: fit, leather, lining etc. I ordered the A-2 in horsehide with a number of custom options. It arrived only days after I placed the order. It fits perfect, is of the best quality and is more than I expected. I highly recommend US Authentics. (Posted on 10/7/13)