M-444 Sheepskin Jacket
M444 jacket. Sheepskin Jacket, Bomber jacket.
- Made in USA!
- Natural color sheepskin fur inside, and seal brown oily finish out side.
- Diamond shape goat skin elbow patches.
- Front pockets made of goatskin.
- Heavy duty front zipper that extended to the top of the collar.
- Doubled width wind flap Underarms gusset provide better movements.
- Adjustable side tabs.
- Cuffs have inside 100% wool knit rib.
- The sweep edge of the jacket and the cuffs are trimmed with a binding of goatskin.
If you like the M-444 jacket, you may also like the ANJ-4 Sheepskin Jacket.
The M-444 sheepskin jacket was made as replacement to the M-445 that was issued by the USN Bureau of Aeronautics, due to the fact that during the '30s fighter pilots needed more mobility and comfort in the small stuffed and cramped cockpit of Hellcat, Corsair or Wildcat.
The diamond shape goat skin elbow patches (to have additional protection from abrasion in a tight and small cockpit with metal all over) were trimmed. The Front pockets of the M-444 sheepskin jacket were taken from the G-1 spec. The double strap, as the one in the RAF and B-3 was replaced with a zipper that extended to the top of the collar, and the wind flap behind the zipper was doubled in size to minimize heat lost. The underarms gusset provide better movements, as well as the adjustable side tabs. The sheepskin used, is natural color fur inside, and seal brown oily finish out side, so you can wipe clean any water, oil or grease. The front zipper is heavy duty brass zipper. The cuffs have inside 100% wool knit rib to block the cold and wind, completely. The sweep edge of the M-444 sheepskin jacket as well as the edge of the cuffs are cleaned with a goatskin trim binding. Craftsmanship and quality is to the highest standards. Shop leather flight jackets for sale today!