The A-2 Flight Jacket was made famous by U.S. Army airmen who wore them as a testament to their bravery, independence and skill. Service tested in 1930, the A-2 was adopted as the regulation Army Air Corps flying jacket on May 9, 1931. Its style continues to be a perfect example of form following function.
The A-2 jacket is available and true to the original design in russet or seal brown horsehide or medium brown goatskin.
True to the original Air Corp Spec:
One piece back, 2 piece sleeves. Talon nickel finish zipper with leather puller tabs, single entry pocket with luxurious curved shape flaps. Epaulets boxed stitched, 1 3/4" tapering down to 1 1/2". Hanger loop boxed stitch through and through. Stand up collar, snapped down collar tips. 8-10 stitches per inch, reinforced pockets corners and wind flap, provide solid construction that backed by life time warrantee.
Its lining of 100% cotton and 100% wool knit cuffs & waistband is also true to the original. Finish touch of A/N inspection stamp and Air Corp stamp on the lining.
If you like to create your personal specifications or modified colors, shape or components please visit the A-2 custom made jacket page.
Great jacket Review by Bill Brushey (February 2010)
Got the jacket! One bad ass piece of hide!! Fit is good! Thanks a lot!! (Posted on 7/28/10)
Gorgeous jacket!! Review by Dr. T.C. (September 2009)
The US Authentic Seal Brown Horsehide A2 I bought this past March is gorgeous! This is the jacket for those of you who want one built according to the original specification, but don't want to spend a grand. It is perfect in all the ways that matter. I gave my weight and height to the phone representative and the result is a perfect fit. The original spec materials and design keep you warm in a cold, drizzling, driving 33 degree wind. This coat will provide the highest ratio of authenticity to cost. Highly recommended. (Posted on 7/28/10)
Great success Review by Poli Kyriacou (July 2009)
I received my order last week and I just wanted to say thank you for the jacket, it was a huge success, everyone loved it and thanks so much for the super fast delivery! (Posted on 7/28/10)
The highest quality jacket anywhere Review by Don Cisle (November 2008)
Thanks for the wonderful jacket... and in record time too! You obviously had just that spec in stock! I've got to say that you guys make some of the highest quality jackets anywhere! While I don't have an Eastman leather jacket, I do have two of their fabric jackets; and while the quality is outstanding, for the money, you guys blow them out of the water! Thanks again, and keep up the good work.
(Posted on 7/28/10)
Fits me perfectly Review by Lars Urban (September 2008)
Ten minutes ago I picked up my horsehide russet A2 from UPS. You recommendations regarding the size were exact. It fits me perfectly.
Try to imagine a grining horse. Thats how i look like right now.:-) Next thing i will do is making some babies so that i can entail this jacket to them.
Thank you very much and all the best to you
(Posted on 7/28/10)
Fit and finish are excellent Review by Dennis Parry (August 2008)
I've had my goatskin A2 for about a month now, and I love it! I have only been able to wear it around the house due to it being in the 80's outside, but the fit and finish are excellent,way nicer than the Cooper it replaced . I wonder why people spend hundreds more for other brands other than maybe authenticity (I guess I don't enough to speak to that). Thank you for a beautiful jacket and fast service. (Posted on 7/28/10)
Very happy Review by Jason M. (May 2008)
Just thought I'd let you know that I have been wearing my seal brown horsehide
A2 jacket for a few months now. It is breaking in nicely as advertised, and I am very happy with it. I have had several people compliment me on the jacket, including one who was a retired air force colonel and wanted to know where I
got it. Enough said. Thanks for a great jacket.
(Posted on 7/28/10)
More beautiful than I imagined Review by John Santiago (February 2008)
The jacket is absolutely amazing!!!! It's much more beautiful than I had imagined, the details really touch my experience in VS21 and japan. Thank you so very much for the wonderful job. I will always treasure it!!!! (Posted on 7/28/10)
Superior in every aspect Review by James R. Bird, Jr. (February 2008)
I have just received my horsehide seal brown A2. Its fits perfectly, close to the body as the wartime A2s did. The tex- ture of the horsehide replicates the WWII versions. in terms of "feel", I rate this jacket higher than Eastman! I have an Avirex and a Cooper A2, and your product is superior in every aspect. Your prompt service (2 days) is really
(Posted on 7/28/10)
Exceptional fit and finish Review by Eric (January 2008)
Received Horsehide Seal Brown A2 recently. Top notch quality and well worth the fair price. The thickness and quality of the horsehide is exceptional. Stitching and finishing is excellent. True military fit so I'd better not pack on the pounds! Thank you for such a quality product! (Posted on 7/28/10)
- Fantastic Goatskin A2 Review by David
- I wish to thank you for the fantastic Goatskin A2 jacket you made for me. This jacket is by far the nicest I own. The details are precise, and the fit is just fantastic. This jacket is very comfortable, and has an athletic fit which is just what I was expecting. Many people on various flight jacket forums such as The Fedora Lounge has given glowing testimonies about the great product you make. They were right on the money. Again, thank you very much for producing a 1st rate A2 jacket that the average person can afford right here in the good old U.S.A. I can not imagine any way to improve your product. It is just perfect. In closing I would like to say once again, Thank You. (Posted on 11/11/13)
- Magnificent Historical Likeness Review by Bill P
- What can I say? A high end true to history perfectly sized work of art. I finalized my order on Monday and received my custom jacket seven (7) days later. My A-2 is replete with sewn on leather squadron and 8th Air Force patches, and name tag. Nickel finish Talon zipper and thick horsehide. Good old Shauli has rally worked hard to create a first class operation with one stop shopping for all your needs and to meet every budget. (Posted on 11/5/13)
- Perfect Custom A-2 Review by Bill
- I've been looking for an A-2 for a while and researching it meticulously. I was originally looking at Gibson and Barnes, however their website had "issues" and they were none too helpful on the phone. At 5'4" and 170 lbs I have a hard to fit build and I am very picky. Shaul was patient with my many questions re: fit, leather, lining etc. I ordered the A-2 in horsehide with a number of custom options. It arrived only days after I placed the order. It fits perfect, is of the best quality and is more than I expected. I highly recommend US Authentics. (Posted on 10/7/13)