The A-2 Flight Jacket was made famous by U.S. Army airmen who wore them as a testament to their bravery, independence and skill. Service tested in 1930, the A-2 was adopted as the regulation Army Air Corps flying jacket on May 9, 1931. Its style continues to be a perfect example of form following function.
The A-2 jacket is available and true to the original design in russet or seal brown horsehide or medium brown goatskin.
True to the original Air Corp Spec:
One piece back, 2 piece sleeves. Talon nickel finish zipper with leather puller tabs, single entry pocket with luxurious curved shape flaps. Epaulets boxed stitched, 1 3/4" tapering down to 1 1/2". Hanger loop boxed stitch through and through. Stand up collar, snapped down collar tips. 8-10 stitches per inch, reinforced pockets corners and wind flap, provide solid construction that backed by life time warrantee.
Its lining of 100% cotton and 100% wool knit cuffs & waistband is also true to the original. Finish touch of A/N inspection stamp and Air Corp stamp on the lining.
If you like to create your personal specifications or modified colors, shape or components please visit the A-2 custom made jacket page.
Details are spot on Review by Steve Hildner (February 2008)
I just received my Goatskin A-2, and I am very pleased! I ordered the jacket Wednesday and received it on Firday, great service. I'm very pleased with the fit, and how the jacket hangs on the body. Knowing that A-2s are form fitted, I ordered one size larger than I would normally wear.
I purchased the A-2 to supplement the G-1 I was issued in the Marine Corps. The Goatskin is beautiful, supple, and just the right thickness. The details are spot on, and the collar looks great either down or up.
Unfortunatley for my G-1, which is in desperate need of cuffs and new waisteband (10 years in the cockpit and 8 years as a civilian), will now be the "dash two" to my new A-2!
Thanks Again and keep up the fine work!
Steve Hildner Maj USMCR
(Posted on 8/2/2010)
Incredible attention to authenticity Review by John Gherardini (January 2008)
I was so impressed with not only the quality, but the attention to authenticity! I originally purchased a B-3 and soon after purchased an A-2 in seal brown horsehide....WOW! I will be sending my A-2 back for a full back nose art painting and hand painted patches and I can only assume that the quality of artwork will equal that of the jacket. I will also be ordering an additional A-2 for everyday use....your A-2 is really that great! By the way, trust Shaul with his suggestions on sizing. Thanks so much (Posted on 8/2/2010)
Extremely pleased Review by Robert Johnson (November 2007)
I just received my flight jacket that you repaired and I cannot believe it. I am extremely pleased. I wish I had known about your company 15 years ago. I would have never bought my A-2 jacket from Eastman. Your product is better and your prices are much more reasonable.
The quality and feel of the lining and the cuffs and waistband are much better and more like the original. I was really shocked. I think they will hold up much better than the original due to fact that they just have a better feel.
When Iâ€™m able to buy another jacket, I guarantee it will be from your company.
Thank you again.
(Posted on 8/2/2010)
Well worth the money!!! Review by Scott Zimmerman (February 2007)
My name is Scott Zimmerman and I recently ordered an A-2 from your company. Happier about making my order- I could not be! Incredible quality and WELL worth the money spent! I am so impressed with my jacket and the only regret I have is that I wish I had "customized" it before I got it. I am so impressed with my jacket and plan to order another one for my father and one next year for me (a different style- B-3 or B-6). Thank you so much.
(Posted on 8/2/2010)
WOW!! Review by Mike Bogaars (July 2010)
WOW... it is beautiful! thank you so much for that.. the quality of the work and the materials are excellent...
Now i want one for myself... haha... Seriously, i am bowled over..
again thanks for the great jacket and doing it up so fast.. (Posted on 7/28/2010)
Top product, top service Review by Craig Schofield (June 2010)
Just received my A2. Couldn't be happier. Ordered on Monday, received on Friday. I live in Australia. Top product, top service. (Posted on 7/28/2010)
By far the best A2 I've owned Review by Bill Shea (April 2010)
The jacket arrived in good order and I am knocked out by what a great product this is. I've owned four A-2's over the years and this one is far and away the best. The quality and weight of the hide, fit and finish, etc. is amazing. Like I mentioned I purchased a similar product from Cockpit USA last fall for more money and was disappointed. My son loves the other one so it still worked out ok. The size you recommended is perfect. The only feedback I would offer is that the sleeves could be a little bit roomier. Thanks again for all of your help. (Posted on 7/28/2010)
Great jacket Review by Bill Brushey (February 2010)
Got the jacket! One bad ass piece of hide!! Fit is good! Thanks a lot!! (Posted on 7/28/2010)
Gorgeous jacket!! Review by Dr. T.C. (September 2009)
The US Authentic Seal Brown Horsehide A2 I bought this past March is gorgeous! This is the jacket for those of you who want one built according to the original specification, but don't want to spend a grand. It is perfect in all the ways that matter. I gave my weight and height to the phone representative and the result is a perfect fit. The original spec materials and design keep you warm in a cold, drizzling, driving 33 degree wind. This coat will provide the highest ratio of authenticity to cost. Highly recommended. (Posted on 7/28/2010)
Great success Review by Poli Kyriacou (July 2009)
I received my order last week and I just wanted to say thank you for the jacket, it was a huge success, everyone loved it and thanks so much for the super fast delivery! (Posted on 7/28/2010)
- Vintage Goatskin A2 Review by Eric
- I was lucky enough to obtain a vintage goatskin A2 jacket in the sale section of the website. Thanks to Shaul's advice, I can say that the fit is perfect. The vintage goatskin is extremely supple and drapes beautifully right out of the box. The color and texture of the leather is awesome and the stitching is spot on. The delivery time was exceptionally fast and the customer support was great. This jacket compares very favorably with other more expensive A2 jackets that I have owned. In summary,I am very happy with the quality and customer service. Thanks Shaul!! (Posted on 8/7/2015)
- Vintage A2 Goatskin Worth The Wait Review by Missileman
I recently purchased the A2 in Vintage Goatskin after trying the A2 in horsehide and sending it back. The goat was everything I was looking for - particularly the "vintage" color. The thing to remember with the reproduction A2's is that the cut is different than a modern issue A2, or CWU-36/p. My other A2 is a recent USAF issue in 46R as is my CWU.The WW2 A2 is a 48 to get approximately the same fit.
The quick order fulfillment is also a huge plus. I ordered it on Thursday afternoon and had it on Friday (to Connecticut).
I looked at all the repro A2's out there - even had a spreadsheet to compare and contrast - Goodwear, Lost Worlds, G&B, Eastman, etc. and selected US A for the value.
From my perspective as a former USAF Captain (Combat Crew Commander) we wore what we were issued. Some guys had new stuff, some not so new. The truth is that even issue grade jackets were different - even from the same manufacturer. So all the A2 jacketeers who count stiches/inch, size of the grommets, and other goofy stuff would do well to take a breath - I'd have no problem recommending a US A A2.
(Posted on 8/2/2015)
- Best of the Best Review by Randy Jones
- I've been a U.S. Authentic customer since their beginning, around 1998. It started because my uncle was a WWII AAF and later USAF B-24 and C-130 navigator. My sons are USAF & Army flyers. I've collected flight jackets from all makers, since I was 12. Some were well made; some cheap, expensive, or fairly priced, I didn't care. They were leather, cotton, nylon or Nomex. Again, I didn't care. I've love(ed) them all. My mother tossed 'em when I moved out; my wife said they cluttered the house & my sons stole them to give to their girlfriends. I love U.S. Authentic the most. Why? It is the best - has the most variation of types and kinds (A-2; B-3: etc), & will modify any & all for you: they make special orders, do anything you ask...not for the money but for your satisfaction. Their attention to detail & 'period' accuracy is truly "Authentic." They are the last of a dying breed, where the customer really does come first, no questions asked. I will be buried (but not too soon I hope) in a U.S. Authentic A-2!. Save yourself time, $$$ & headaches. Don't shop around, just shop at U.S. Authentic. You will always be completely satisfied. Paul R. Jones (Posted on 6/22/2015)