The G-1 was introduced into service in late 1930s as the official flight jacket of the U.S. Navy and Marine Corp flyers. The bi-swing pleat in the shoulder (which extends down the back to a belted waist) and double gussets under each arm provided for ease of movement in places which had notoriously small cockpits (as well as provided the movment to swim, if needed..). Our jacket faithfully reproduces the two large front, button flap pockets, with radiused lower corners and a gently curved flap. The same merino lamb mouton fur collar (with button closure flap and white "USN" stamp on the jacket's under-collar), zipper wind-flap with "USN" perforation and 100% rayon lining will keep you warm in the air or on the ground.
The stock jacket is made in seal brown goatskin, seal brown mouton fur collar, and has double entry front pockets. If you prefer a single entry pocket (military spec.) just let us know in the instruction box during check out and we will take care of it at no extra charge.
If you like to create your personal specifications please visit the custom G-1 jacket below.
Fantastic Review by James
I ordered this jacket for my husband. Not only is the quality excellent, but the service is superb. I was assisted by a very friendly represented as there was a glitch in the on line ordering process at the time I was making my order. It was resolved, I received the jacket in record time and my husband is thrilled. Thank You!!! (Posted on 12/7/11)
I love this jacket ! Review by Stephen
Great quality , great fit with some help from Shaul . I am just waiting for it to get cool enough so I can wear it somewhere other then my house ! (Posted on 9/29/11)
Love it Review by John
Shaul, Tons of compliments on the jacket. I've had it 3 months now and it has broken in nicely. Great color and just love it!
JG (Posted on 3/29/11)
Outstanding jacket. Review by Loren
Shaul, the G-1 arrived today and I must say I was surprised. I't is outstanding in every way. I can't say enough about it, I've got it on right now and the fit is perfect there is just enough room in everyway no matter which way I turn. The leather, fur trim zipper and about everything else is perfect. Thank you, for the perfect jacket. I am retired Air Force but lets not get into that. I did spend time with the Navy also. Loren. (Posted on 1/18/11)
Forget the others, this Custom jacket is the thing! Review by Johnny G
Shaul, got my custom jacket today.
PERFECT fit and PERFECT all round!
The attention and time you gave me and my order was outstanding.
Thanks so much for a terrific product, craftsmanship A-1 (or is that A-2) all round!!!
(Posted on 1/17/11)
EXCELLENT QUALITY Review by Johnny
I ordered this jacket as a reference for a custom order.
Shaul is outstanding! The tons of questions I had have all been addressed as I finalized by custom.
The G-1 is fantastic quality all round.
My custom order is for our production company's upcoming project.
Peace to all!
THANKS SHAUL! (Posted on 1/4/11)
Just received it... Review by Mike S.
and have to admit it is the most expensive piece of apparel that I have ever bought but I really like it, just need the weather to cooperate, went from the 20's to the 60's the day after I received it. I ordered a size larger than my normal size and it fit perfect, almost wish I had asked for a custom one with USMC instead of the USN stamped in. Thanks. (Posted on 12/17/10)
Outstanding Review by MM2
Bought this jacket about a month ago and it is truly amazing. I have never seen such quality and I was very impressed with it. The stitching is strong and the leather is outstanding. Very pleased with this jacket. (Posted on 11/21/10)
Just wonderful!!! Review by maverick.2501
Two years ago i bought this wonderful jacket!!!
Good leather and good smell (very important too, for me). I turned into Top Gun adding patches but It was a shame because it's beautiful without patches too. So I bought another G-1 (and B3, MA-1 and B-15) and so I'm a happy man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Massimo I. from Italy (Gela (CL), Sicily) (Posted on 11/6/10)
Better with age Review by Richard C.
I bought my jacket 1 year ago, I wore it all winter ( and then some) .Massachusetts winters can hang around a while. This jacket is my "go-to" and should you decide to order one you will not be disappointed. The quality of the product is matched by the quality of the people at
U.S Authentic, it is all good. I was being a bit picky about my order , but Dover took it all in stride and delivered , Thank You U.S Authentic... (Posted on 11/1/10)
- It's perfect Review by Jen
- The jacket is gorgeous. It fit perfectly, thanks Shaul for the assist on that. It made my boyfriend very happy. I don't think he has stopped smiling. (Posted on 1/29/14)
- G1 Jacket purchsed 12/2013 Review by Steven
- We purchased a G1 jacket for our college age son as a Christmas gift. It arrived in two days, and was exactly as described. Authentically made and of the finest quality. Our son is delighted with his gift. Shaul was available by telephone prior to ordering, and his advice was very helpful. He also followed up with us after our order was placed, in order to make sure that shipping and delivery were optimized for us. Shaul is responsive and knowledgeable, and his integrity is beyond reproach. I can wholeheartedly recommend him and his products, and I would not hesitate to make a future purchase from Flight Jacket. They are great. (Posted on 12/27/13)
- Unquestionable quality unsurpassed customer support Review by Rod
- I received my G-1 several days sooner than expected. This jacket was ordered to verify the size for a custom jacket. Real nice leather feels great so dose that BIG ZIPPER. PS Shaul has been very helpful 24-7 so at least let him have christmas off !!! (Posted on 12/15/13)